This recipe combines 4 of my favorite ingredients that are incredibly healthy. Almonds, almond butter, olive oil, and Chia Seeds. All of which are packed with good healthy fats that can help reduce weight loss. Instead of olive oil coconut oil can also a healthy substitute.
Having these almond butter bars on hand makes life easier. After a long day these are great to grab as a healthy afternoon snack for the kiddos. And they are not messy like some cereal or granola bars.
Benefits of almond butter bars the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition study write it so well. “Incorporating limited portions of almonds — an energy-dense food — into a behavioral weight-loss program still resulted in significant weight reduction.”
These bars have both the healthy fats from almond butter and Chia seeds. Have you yet added Chia seeds into your diet? Well if not, this is as great a time as any. They are packed with 6g of Fiber, 2.9g Omega 3, and 3g Protein in every 1 Tablespoon serving. I try to add this powerhouse food over yogurt, oatmeal, salads, in smoothies, and homemade cookies and bars.
- 1 cup flour (I used white spelt)
- ⅓ cup Turbinado Sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup orange marmalade jam (I like Trader Joe's Seville Orange Marmalade Jam)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, olive oil, sugar and jam. Add salt and almond butter and blend well. Add Chia Seeds and almonds till everything is combined.
- Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly throughout the entire pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.