Flourless Chocolate Muffins can be given as a beautiful gift as bread loaves or turned into healthy birthday celebration cupcakes for the kids!
There is a good chance that right about now you’re thinking, “Good for you for baking homemade snacks all the time, but I don’t have time.” That’s a fair thought, but remember, this Flourless Chocolate Muffins Recipe is a lot more about eating clean non processed foods and snack that contribute to a healthier lifestyle. Product labels? What are all those ingredients anyways? The government doesn’t regulate the term “natural” so it can mean about anything.
And making your own healthy organic Flourless Chocolate Muffins at home makes your job of taking care of yourself rewarding. It takes less than 20 minutes and half the time, I make these as dinner is in the oven, then pop the muffins in the oven as we eat dinner. They are ready to eat as a healthy dessert or breakfast and snacks the next day.
An important thing to remember with food is always to use the best ingredients. That means Farmer’s Market produce (if you have available access to), home grown, or the absolute freshest from the grocery store. The best will give you the most abundant flavors.
Short family story of being born in my moms era: THE 50’s. For her she never liked “oatmeal” but really oatmeal it is all about how you care for the grain and what you create with it. Mom always used it in meatloaf, but consumed by itself or transformed into breads is quite a delicacy. If you are a chocolate lover, these Flourless Chocolate Muffins the perfect fix to incorporating oats into a diet with the moistest and most flavorful chocolate taste!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 2-1/4 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- slivered almonds, oats or chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and maple syrup. Add eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut flakes.
- Pour mixture into 12 muffin pan. Garnish with slivered almonds, oats or chocolate chips as desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes.