First it is important to get a really good fresh French Bread Roll. They are soft and it provides the perfect texture with the crunch of cucumbers and sprouts. Then spread your roll with crushed avocado and mustard or mayonnaise to prevent moisture from seeping in a making your bread soggy. Then add your vegetables. Here is the order that looked so beautifully displayed and colorful!
- 1 -6 inch French Bread Roll
- ½ an Avocado, crushed
- ¼ inch sliced Cucumbers
- Finely Sliced Red Onion
- 1-2 slices of Provolone Cheese
- Tomato slices (thickly sliced)
- Green Lettuce or Arugula
- Mustard (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Open roll and spread both sides with crushed avocado. Then spread one side with your mustard or mayonnaise.
- Layer your sandwich with vegetables. Start bottom up - cucumbers, red onion, Provolone cheese, tomatoes, sprouts, green lettuce or arugula.