If you do not know these quotes nor have ever read Dr. Seuss books, I am sorry. They are full of fun and wonder for all ages! Dr. Seuss was most widely known for his children’s books he had written and illustrated. Every time I make this recipe I find myself repeating quotes from his book Green Eggs and Ham.
There is no ham in this meal, just green eggs and lots of vegetables! My sister-in-law made this for our kids at one of our weekly meetings for one of our family businesses. The kids (ages 2, 7, 9 and 12) all devoured it within seconds served with roasted rosemary potatoes. The key ingredient they all love is ketchup – green eggs smothered in ketchup! Every time I make it for Chase, it is a sure bet he (and your kids) will get a balanced meal of protein and vegetables!
Throw Kale, tomato, onion, eggs, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper into a blender, mix, pour and bake! The easiest green eggs dinner baked in one dish!
- 6-8 eggs
- 2 cups Kale, chopped (I used frozen)
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup 2% or non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- ½ tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- Cheddar Cheese for garnish
- Organic Ketchup for garnish
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Throw all ingredients except Cheddar Cheese into a blender and mix well.
- Spray a 9x9 inch pie dish with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into dish and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until center is cooked. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving. Smother with ketchup and serve with a side of potatoes.