Happy Halloween with Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Spider Web Pancakes! We have been baking a lot lately- mostly with a favorite holiday ingredient, pumpkin! On my list was pumpkin pancakes to make for Halloween morning. I made these ahead of time so they would be ready to quickly heat up in the morning or pack in lunches for the day. These make your house smell so much like fall!
For the spider web décor, just grab chocolate syrup and swirl it in three circles. Using a toothpick, spread the circles outward to create a web. It is best to do this after your pancake is cooked while it is fresh off the stove top and still warm so that the chocolate absorbs into the pancake.
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of old fashion rolled oats (optional- gluten free oats)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cardamom
- Pinch of ginger
- dash of salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- chocolate syrup
- Heat a medium saucepan on the stove top on low-medium.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, maple syrup and eggs. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray your saucepan with Cooking Spray. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop pancake mixture onto stove top and spread into a circle. When your pancakes begin to set on top flip it and cook the bottom until it is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and Make 3 circles on the pancake with chocolate syrup. Using a toothpick, start from the inner circle and spread out to make your spider web. Let the chocolate set and absorb into the pancake.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit or pecans. Enjoy!
Healthy Pumpkin & Oatmeal Spider Web Pancakes Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Recipe total Servings 6
Calories 229 Total Fat 4.94 g Saturated Fat 0.9g Monosaturated Fat 3.23g Polysaturated Fat 0.81g Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g Fiber 1.7 gSugar 17.4 g Protein 5.4 g Cholesterol 2.44 mg Calcium 130 mg Iron 0.8 mg Potassium 300 mg Sodium 37 mgZinc 1.1 mg Thiamin 0.13 mg Riboflavin 0.46 mg Niacin 0.19 mg Vitamin B6 0.03 mg Vitamin B12 0.17 Ug Vitamin A 59 IU Vitamin E 0.78 mg Vitamin D 0.3 Ug Vitamin K 3.4 Ug Points 5 Points Plus 6
*The nutritional values are determined by the total ingredients divided by the number of servings for each recipe. Serving sizes may vary. The formula used here for points was obtained from public sources and is an empirical match to Weight Watchers calculators, but it is not an “official” Weight Watcher’s calculator.