I just love roasted rainbow carrots and can not get enough of them lately! The pretty colors of purple, orange and yellow just scream at me to eat them. I recently figured out that carrots are a super amazing detox food up there with cucumbers, coconut water, hot lemon water and ginger. When you roast carrots, it bring out their natural sweet flavor.
The more color variations, the prettier they are! Aren’t they divine looking arranged on a white platter? The colors just pop and visually makes them so fun to eat.
Roast sliced carrots in the oven at 400 degrees sprinkled with turmeric, garlic salt, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Turn a few times with a spatula during baking time so they brown evenly.
- 2 lbs. carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- ¾ tsp. turmeric powder
- sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped Thyme
- Turn oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare carrots by cutting them lengthwise. If one end if fat, slice again so they are all about the same thickness.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Evenly spread carrots on the baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic salt, turmeric, salt, pepper and freshly chopped parsley and thyme. Toss carrots to coat and spread evenly again on pan.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes so they brown evenly. Transfer to a platter and serve.