Summertime days are filled with warm evenings, vacations, hot days, lounging at the pool or beach. Bright colors, flowers, a pretty sun, and flip flops tip-toeing in the sand are everywhere!
Our favorite summer recipes include fresh salads, recipes for grilling, delicious desserts and fun cocktails! Sipping on a refreshing ice tea or cocktail on a warm summer night makes me think of my childhood. Nights we spent at my grandparents camp ground having campfire dinners and roasting s’mores. We would just sit and play for hours enjoying the conversations between adults and children at play.
We don’t have campfires in our back yard, but we do like to top off a warm summer day with a “skinny adult” ice tea. It is lighter on the sugar and more hydrating than a martini.
- 1 pitcher of water (8 cups of water)
- 8 mango black tea bags, or other fruity flavored tea
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 lemons, halved and juiced
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped or muddled
- 1 cup Bourbon
- Add tea bags to pitcher of water and let set for 1 hour. Dispose bags. You may need to take out some of the tea from the pitcher to allow room for the Bourbon and fruit.
- Add sliced strawberries, lemon juice, mint and Bourbon. For optimal taste, let it set in the refrigerator for an hour before serving. Pour over ice and enjoy!