This post is sponsored by WTRMLNWTR. And we love it!
Happy Fourth of July Friends! I am so happy to share this wonderful Popsicle recipe made with coconut ice cream & refreshing watermelon juice. No ice cream maker needed! Watermelon rind contains a compound known as citrulline, Cirulline gives the body an antioxidant effects that protect you from free-radical damage. And it gives the body total hydration. So let me say, I was more than enthusiastic that WTRMLNWTR and I connected.
Our family has really been into making homemade dairy-free Popsicles lately using coconut milk. Combine coconut milk with watermelon water or pineapple juice and you have an incredibly healthy tropical treat! To make watermelon coconut ice cream popsicles simply make the ice cream recipe below and then layer your popsicles with (unfrozen) coconut milk ice cream- let it freeze, then add watermelon water – let it freeze, then add another layer of coconut milk ice cream. Place your sticks in the center and freeze the entire thing for about 2-3 hours. You may need to set them out to thaw for about 3-5 minutes before removing from the popsicle molds.
- 3 cups (canned) light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of sugar or xylitol
- 3 large egg yolks
- Addition: Watermelon Juice Pureed or from WTRMLNWTR
- In a large saucepan on low heat, whisk the coconut milk and maple syrup until warm. Add sugar, then whisk in the egg yolks. Cook the custard over low-medium heat whisking constantly for about 6 minutes until very hot and thickened. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and put in a glass container. Let cool.
- Add to popsicle maker ⅓ coconut ice cream mixture. Let freeze. Then add ¼ water melon juice. Let freeze. Then add another layer of coconut ice cream mixture. Let freeze.
- Remove from Popsicle containers, dip in sprinkles serve and enjoy!