Valentines day is not too far away and these adorable kitty cat wrapped chocolate bars would make the perfect gift to your kids or for their classmates! And how fun to gift wrap them with a mug and hot chocolate wine for your friends.
During the Christmas holidays, my husbands grandmother sent us a Hershey's bar wrapped as a snowman fully decked out with a felt hat, scarf, carrot nose and face drawn on. She is quite a crafty lady and is always sending adorable gifts like this. How about making them into cats, dogs, or any animal you like for valentine day gifts?
Here is what you need:
- 2-3 pieces of felt, different colors
- tacky glue
- chocolate bar (preferably Hershey's since it is wide and flat)
- staples, hot glue gun or sewing kit (for hat)
- paper (can be the color of your animal- brown for bear, red or yellow for bird, grey for hippo)
1. If your paper is thin, fold over in half (I used printing paper and since it is see through I doubled it up). Place bar on top and wrap like a gift. If you want, use Washi Tape for extra craftiness!
2. Cut felt:
- Use one color for the hat – cut 5 1/2″ wide x 5 1/4″ high. Using your other color felt make the ribbon for the hat and scarf – cut 1″ high x 9 1/2″ wide for the scarf & 1″ high x 6″ wide for the hat. Round the edges and make the center thinner. Or cut out a bow tie and use tacky glue to stick it to your bar.
3. Staple, hot glue or sew the sides of your hat together. Fold inside out. Cut about four slits at the top and flip up the bottom. Place it on your bar with the seam in the back.
4. Add scarf or bow and ribbon around the hat. Draw a face and maybe a special message and your done!