Halve hard-cooked eggs, scoop out the centers and cream them up with a bit of mayonnaise, turmeric, vinegar, dry mustard and pepper. The result? The best deviled eggs recipe.
Hope you all had an amazing Easter! I know we did. After a weekend of fun extravaganzas we enjoyed an amazing Easter dinner filled with ham, the best deviled eggs recipe, Albanian sweet bread, and a delicious Plum and spinach salad.
I have always been a bit terrified of deviled eggs. They are also known as stuffed eggs, angel eggs or perfect for an afternoon picnic. Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs, shelled, cut in half, & filled with the hard boiled eggs yolk mixed with a delicious creamy mayonnaise filling. This deviled eggs recipe is favored served chilled, as a side dish for picnics or BBQ's! I kinda think deviled eggs are overrated and they always sounded too hard to make and scare-some. At least I was scared of making them of first sight but they are actually super easy and nutritional. Really hard boiled and deviled eggs are amazing easy and healthy! This deviled eggs recipe only consists of a few simple and surprisingly healthy ingredients. I like to use low fat mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise to reduce my fat intake.
How to make the best deviled eggs recipe:
- Start with perfect hard boiled eggs. Boil the water and add eggs in salted water. Cover and allow the eggs to cook for 1 minute.
- After the eggs have boiled for 1 minute covered, turn off the heat and let them set in the water for 15 minutes covered (steaming). Then remove and let cool and refrigerate before peeling.
- Separate the white from the yolk.
- Cream together the yolk with mayonnaise, vinegar, turmeric, mustard and pepper.
- With piping or a Zip-lock bag made with a slit on the side, fill each halved hard boiled yolk with egg filling. Garnish with parsley or sour grass.
What more can a gal ask for… but chocolate bark or any chocolate for that matter. My boys are pretty picky about their eggs too these days. Most days they love fried eggs or a scrumptious quiche. Other days they love scrambled eggs. And some times they prefer a hard boiled egg. But never At The Same Time! Uggh!!! I just cant win. So I usually have to guess what kind of egg they want at any given time. And luckily when I made these amazing best deviled eggs recipe for my family to enjoy, they loved it! Especially Curren.
We spend the weekend with lots of family time. Starting with Friday evening baseball cheering our boy's cousins on. They are rock star players and I love that they inspire my boys a bit on field to start playing.
Our weekend started with a baseball game, then transitioned into a celebration of a family adoption celebration followed by Easter celebration!
When it comes to Easter we start the day with morning giggles, Easter egg hunts and Easter baskets getting opened. Then we enjoyed a lovely brunch followed by church… more Easter egg hunts and another waffle meal. We then encountered a slight food coma nap before another Easter egg hunt and dinner. And the best part of it all (except I think it is all the best!)? We were all together as a family. Nobody working, kids happy and playing with one another and adults in a calm state of mind. To me, that is a day off from the ordinary and a much needed moment in life. These deviled eggs are the perfect holiday food!
Best Deviled Eggs RecipePrint Pin Rate
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside. Place yolks in a mixer and add mayonnaise, dry mustard, turmeric, vinegar and pepper. Mix well. Add mixture to a pastry bag or Zip-lock back with the end sliced. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Garnish with parsley. Cover and chill until ready to serve (up to 24 hours).