Coconut Curry Sauce is full of sweet and spicy flavors! It is convenient and easy to prepare and delicious served into this curry chicken soup!
Coconut Curry Sauce can be prepared in advance and topped over any vegetables, quinoa or rice dish. The longer the flavors set, the more delicious it becomes! We never get Thai food since I feel super bloated afterwards from all the salt, but when made at home it is easy to control how much salt and spices are added.
I am on a big coconut kick around here. Coconut everything! Coconut ice cream, coconut whipped cream, coconut Chia pudding – you name it, it probably has coconut in it! My hubby was curious what was going on in the kitchen when the house was overpowered with the smell of garlic and…yep you guessed right, more sweet coconut! I wanted to surprise him with a delicious tropical meal that the kids would like too. His take on the dish is that he usually doesn’t like curry but this coconut curry sauce is fabulous and not too overpowering with curry flavor. In fact, it is so delicious that you will want to make a large enough batch for leftovers!
I am obsessed with my vegetable spiral maker and use it for most vegetables to shred them. Before cutting up the zucchini, slice in half and sprinkle salt on it. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. This draws out extra water, giving the zucchini better texture. Once you see that water on top (after about 30 minutes) absorb it with a paper towel before dicing.
Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 - 13.5 oz. can of light coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- lime optional
- 1 large breast of chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions diced
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots shredded or diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium heat oil and add onions and sautee for about 2 minutes. Add garlic, zucchini and carrots and sautee for about 7-10 minutes until tender.
- Add coconut milk, cayenne, salt, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and curry powder. Mix until heated about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cilantro. Turn heat to low and simmer 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.