Cooking and baking have been rare for me lately as we welcome our little bundle of joy into the world! My wonderful mother was visiting and caring for us as I recover and shortly after, my sister came into town as well. Now feeding 5+ people from different parts of the country can be a bit tricky. One doesn't eat red meat, the other hates all vegetable, another loves all vegetables, one craves fish, the other hates salmon… get my drift? But we did find a few healthy fixings to meet everyone's liking.
My sister made a fabulous meal one evening of sautéed carrots, teriyaki marinated grilled halibut, kale salad and this cucumber salad!
Cucumber salad pairs well with fish with its light, crunchy and tangy texture. Shear pleasure in the mouth – even if you hate eating your vegetables. As soon as she made it my mom and I couldn't stop sneaking into the kitchen to “test” the recipe. It had to be shared it was so delicious and simple to throw together! For the dressing, just add your desired amount.
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Shallots diced finely
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar I used Xylitol
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley finely chopped
- Peel cucumbers then slice horizontally in half, then into quarts. You will have four spears. Then dice into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a small bowl make the dressing: combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber and shallots. Drizzle with dressing (to desired amount) over cucumbers and shallots. Mix well and garnish with parsley.
And a side note of what we have been up to… Welcome to the world Baby Curren!