Plan family movie night with How To Train Your Dragon 3 DVD Gift Set! Includes winning healthy snack ideas like “Dragon Droplets” for making a fun filled family movie night the kids can get involved putting together!
Who’s ready for family movie night! We kinda live for our Friday game nights and Saturday family movie nights around here! My husband and I look forward to those snuggles on the couch with the kids as much as they look forward to watching their beloved movies.
My kids just adore the series of How To Train Your Dragon and when the third edition came out they were beyond stoked to put together a whole theme night including the DVD, toys, shirts and foodie snacks inspired by the movie! You have gotta love a good kid movie that captivates the hearts of the parent too. And this one totally does!
Ever have those dreams where you are flying? Mine usually occur over rolling hills or the deep blue sea. I imagine that is what it is like riding a dragon!
What this move does is it inspires the fascinating thoughts of a getting to fly, dragons becoming man’s best friend who is your protector no matter what. The move shows children the importance of persevering, adapting, fighting for something you believe in, doing the hard things even though it is the right then , and being there for those you love, no matter what. And it shows the love of letting go- of course all with fire and knights and flying!!! And….
A girl! How To Train A Dragon 3 has a new dragon brought into the mix- a female dragon. She is beautifully white as snow, fierce, and keeps the men in her life on their toes. Just as all us ladies do!
Ok…that is only the start of what enthralls children with the popular movie How To Train Your Dragon 3. I’ll let you watch it and find out for yourself the rest😊.
In honor of the new movie How To Train Your Dragon 3 we put together a fun family movie night fully themed and decked out! My kids could not wait to get their hands on and purchase the third DVD, t-shirts and their toys as soon as it was released at Walmart. In fact, we’ve had a few How To Train Your Dragon 3 movie nights already and it’s only been available for 2 weeks!
Ok, lets make your movie night magic!
How To Make A Family Movie Night Themed with How To Train Your Dragon 3
- Head to Walmart and purchase the new release of How to Train Your Dragon 3 Walmart Exclusive DVD Gift Set today (gift set includes 2 Funko keychains)! You can singly pick-up a t-shirt in the children’s department, the DVD in in electronics and the toys in the toy section.
- Plan your night to watch the movie and shop for snack ingredients. Some nights when we have movie night we skip dinner and just make our movie snacks dinner.
Healthy Food for Family Movie Night
- Stovetop Popcorn (printable recipe below)
- Dragon Droplets also known as Date-based Energy Bites😊 (included in this post) – my kids love making this with me and rolling them into balls then dipping them into sugared cocoa powder.
- Party Platter full of healthy snacks – create your own using your favorite fruits and vegetables or create this Healthy Snacks Party Platter (printable recipe below). You can arrange with any of your favorite vegetables, fruit and goodies. Use cheese sticks, or cut cucumbers horizontal to make “Knight Swords”. Or pretend the carrots or natural cheese puff sticks are “Dragon Fire”! Let the kids pick out their favorite produce and have them arrange all the goodies on a platter.
Make the Dragon Droplets Energy Bites ahead and keep them stored in the refrigerator. You can also make them and keep them frozen until ready to serve. They will thaw quickly and this way they last a while through the movie if they are not eaten all at once!
Get excited with these ideas to make your own How To Train Your Dragon 3 movie night a memorable one. Enjoy with your family and even invite your friends over too!
Date Energy Bites "Dragon Droplets"
- Food Processor
- 12 dates pit removed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit Powdered Sugar
- Add the pitted dates, almond flour, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and melted coconut oil to a food processor. Blend for about 2 minutes or until well blended. Set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill.
- Line a dish with parchment paper and using a 1 inch cookie dough scoop, scoop and roll the the date mix into 1-inch balls using your hands. Repeat to make 16 balls.
- In a small bowl mix together the cocoa powder and confectioners sugar. Dip each date ball in the cocoa mixture and place on the parchment paper. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 15 minutes. Either serve from the freezer or transfer to a glass container with a lid and store in the freezer until ready to serve. If they will sit out long, leave in the freezer until ready to serve.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- pink salt
- coconut oil cooking spray optional
- Heat a large pot on the stove on medium-high heat and add 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and three kernels in a pot. Cover and cook on medium-high heat until the kernels pop. When they pop, remove your pot from the heat and take out the 3 popped kernels.
- Add 1 cup of fresh kernels to the oil spreading evenly on the bottom of the pot and cover with the lid. Then add your pot back to the heat and cook on high for about 2-3 minutes for the kernels to pop. As soon as the kernels start to slow down popping (about 2-3 minutes) turn the heat off and let them set to keep popping. Check it to make sure it does not start to burn. The popcorn is finished when you no longer hear the kernels popping.
- Garnish with butter or cooking spray and season with salt (to taste) and your favorite seasoning.
Healthy Snacks Party Platter For Kids
- Cucumbers sliced into sticks
- Celery sliced into sticks
- Carrots cut into sticks and some for ribbons or a handful of baby carrots
- Grape tomatoes
- Watermelon radishes cut into slices
- Broccoli florets
- Green or black olives
- Strawberries stems removed and cut into halves or quarters
- Oranges cut into wedges
- Asparagus raw or roasted
- Beets or sweet potato sliced into fries roasted
- Lemon cut into slices (for color or to add to water)
- Chocolate chia energy balls
- Hummus Dip
- Coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt for dip
- Parsley for garnish
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Chia Energy Balls
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa flour
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the skin of beets or a sweet potato. Slice into "fries" then lay on a pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and desired tenderness is reached. Set aside.
Chia Energy Balls
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa flour, chia seeds, vanilla, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and baking powder. Combine until it forms a dough. Roll with both hands into 44 small balls and place it on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. After the balls have hardened, they can be stored in an airtight container.
Make the Party Platter
- Add small bowls around a large platter or cutting board. Add hummus to one yogurt to another topped with parsley (parsley is optional). Add the roasted beets or sweet potato fries in another bowl. Add chocolate chia balls to another bowl and popcorn to another bowl. Around the bowls and your prepared fruits and vegetables to the platter in a colorful combination or rainbow combination. Have fun with the creativity!
* The beets or sweet potatoes can be prepared in advance or can be a skipped ingredient to save time.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TrainYourDragonAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV