Fresh detox green juice made of cucumbers, celery, ginger, romaine lettuce, and lemon to promote body cleanse and assist in weight loss! Learn how to make it in a blender and drink this magical green drink every morning!
If you are looking for a good detox drink, look no further because this green juice has all the healing, metabolism boosting agents the body thrives from! This green juice is truly a gift from the goddesses due to the high quantity of vitamins, minerals and hydrating properties it contains!
Drinking green juice is a quick and deliciously hydrating way to get a few doses of daily vegetables!It is one of the best juice cleanse for weight loss to add to your daily existing diet.
Green Juice Health Benefits
This wellness drink is lower in calories and aids in improving the function of the body, starting with the digestive system.
- Improves digestion
- Helps eliminate toxins from the body
- Increases hydration
- Speeds up the metabolism for weight loss and to achieve a flat belly
- Promotes glowing skin
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts the immune system
- Fights sickness and disease
- Reduces inflammation
Detox drinks are a favorite wellness beverage of mine with green juice ranking in the top 10. I first fell upon this healing detox drink when I moved to our new city last year. The grocery store nearby had a quaint little coffee, smoothie and juice café which included this green detox juice, wellness shot drinks, green machine drink and more! So, I started making them all at home.
Since this month I am on a wellness kick I am including all of my favorite detox drinks on this blog! They will help you save time (going out to get them) and save you loads of money by making them homemade. Not to mention you will feel an abundance of energy incorporating this into your lifestyle.
How Does This Drink Detox?
Every ingredient in this green juice aids to detox the body. Especially thanks to lemons, coconut water, cucumber and celery. Vegetables, especially these contain loads of water which helps to flush out toxins. Lemons aid to jump-start the liver to produce bile which also aids in digestion and flushing out unwanted free radicals.
What is in Green Juice?
- Romaine Lettuce – this green leaf has a high content of minerals, such as calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, folate and potassium. It is also packed with vitamins including vitamin C, K, and A. Potassium helps the heart to beat regularly, calcium enriches the bones, aids to the nervous system, and brain which is the body’s control panel. Vitamin C helps to break down citrate and flush out kidney stones when found in urine. Vitamin K is important also for the blood and folate is beneficial to pregnant women as it supports a healthy pregnancy. Vitamin A helps the eyes.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are loaded with fiber and help hydrate the body. When the body is well hydrated, it speeds up the metabolism and helps improve physical performance.
- Celery – celery contains less calories than it takes the body to metabolize it. Meaning the body burns more calories breaking down a celery stalk to digest it than it consumed. In turn celery helps you lose weight and stay fuller longer thanks to its high fiber content.
- Lemon – The powerful citrus fruit is used whole when juiced. When in a blender, I suggest removing the skin. Lemons help flush toxins by jump-starting the digestive system when served in warm lemon water. It contains vitamin C, which is an antioxidant to help boost the immune system and remove free radicals from the body.
- Fresh Ginger – is an anti-inflammatory food is widely known for helping settle an upset stomach. It contains gingerol, a powerful substance that contributes to healing and acts as natural medicine. It reduces soreness, reduces inflammation and helps fight colds and the flu.
- Coconut Water – coconut water is high in potassium with no added sugars and adds a slight natural sweetness to juices and smoothie recipes. Drinking it is an incredible way to help hydrate the body.
How to make green detox juice
In a blender
Add all the ingredients into a blender.
I highly recommend a Vitamix as it gets every last spec of ingredients blended so you can not even see it.
Using a mesh bag or nut bag like this one (which I love and use religiously!), place the bag over a large bowl. Pour the juice into the bag.
Squeeze the bag tightly numerous times until all of the juice is drained into the bowl. Save the fiber pieces remaining in the nut bag and add them to smoothies or baked goods.
Pour the juice into a glass to serve. Best served chilled.
In a juicer
Add all the ingredients to a juicer and enjoy! Best served chilled.
When to drink this juice
I suggest drinking this every morning for breakfast to clean and flush out the system before adding more foods into your body. Or enjoy it throughout the day as a healthy snack and to reset, refuel and energize your body quickly!
More detox and wellness drink recipes you may enjoy:
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- Lemon Cucumber Mint Detox Water
- Green Machine Juice (Detox Drink)
- 4 Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Body Cleanse
- Wellness Shot for Immunity Health
- Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Lemon Water and Benefits
- Cleansing Matcha Smoothie Bowl (drink as a smoothie!)
Green Detox Juice Recipe
- 2 cups romaine lettuce packed
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cucumber or half an extra long english cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon skin and rind sliced off
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth on high.
- Using a large bowl, place a mesh bag or nut bag over top. Pour in the green detox juice. Using your hands, squeeze the juice out making sure to remove all of the liquid. (save and reserve the scraps in the bag to add to baked goods or smoothies.)
- Transfer the juice to a glass and serve over ice or chilled.
- Add all the ingredients to a juicer. Enjoy over ice or chilled.