Using pre-cooked rice frees up much of the cooking time in this healthy vegetarian taco salad. Just throw the ingredients into a large pan, heat and serve!
Healthy 10 Minute Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice I like Trader Joe's frozen organic cooked rice to have on-hand
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- ¼ cup red onion diced (omit if using a salsa with lots of onion)
- ¾ cup of chunky salsa I like Jack's Cantina found at Costco
- 2-3 cups of lettuce finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese or vegan cheese
- 1 bag of Tortilla Chips
- 1 avocado for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- On stove top in a large frying pan, heat olive oil and onions on medium-high for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add cooked rice, beans, corn, and salsa and heat for about 5 more minutes or until warm or rice is thawed.
- Remove from heat and add tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and cilantro. Mix to combine all ingredients. Serve right away garnished with avocado and a side of tortilla chips.