5 Healthy Omega-3 benefits and what foods (and supplement) you should be eating to get these heart and brain-healthy fatty acids for optimal wellness.
This post is sponsored by iWi but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
There are SO many health benefits to consuming Omega-3 that I am excited to share one of the best plant-based sustainable supplements to assist in a more vibrant life!
One of the things I had struggled with in the past was high cholesterol. Funny because I exercise about 5 days a week and I don’t really consume dairy or cheese products, nor do I eat red meat. The body naturally produces cholesterol and my body happened to be producing too much of the bad stuff. How did I fix it?
I started balancing my hormones (homeopathic) and adding yoga (to balance adrenals) into my regimen and religiously taking Omega-3 supplements every morning. Since then my cholesterol levels have been on track in a healthy zone! It was never about too much “cholesterol filled foods” for me. I most-likely wasn't getting enough healthy Omega 3 fats in my diet.
iWi Algae Based Omega-3 supplements have become an essential part of my morning routine. The base oil is from algae. Did you know algae is one of the most nutrient dense superfoods to consume? It accounts for 97 percent of the omega-3 fats in the brain- therefore boosting brain function! Algae also helps with weight loss, cancer, fibromyalgia, arthritis, stress, heart disease, high cholesterol and an assortment of other health conditions. These supplements also contain Chlorophyll which is beneficial in fighting bacteria, building strong blood and detoxing the body. If you have taken antibiotics, it is important to have Chlorophyll to detox the body from the medicine.
Omega 3 Benefits, EPA and DHA
Omega-3 is a fatty acid that the body does not naturally make. It is essential for brain function and a healthy heart. Omega-3 has EPA and DHA in it. The plant-based version can be found in green leafy vegetables, flaxseed, chia seeds, and algae and for non-vegetarians it is in oily fish such as salmon.
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) are found in oily fish, krill oil and algae oil. They are a healthy fatty acid.
5 Health Benefits Of Omega-3 Oil, EPA and DHA
- Heart Health – Consuming large amounts of Omega-3 may help with cancer, anxiety, depression. That is all good for the heart!
- Brain Function – Helps the brain to think clearly and function properly.
- Cardiovascular Health –Omega-3 helps to regulate blood and improve cardiovascular health by increasing blood flow through the body during exercise.
- Immune System Response – Omega-3 is high in antioxidants and can help boost the immune system.
- Joint Health – Omega-3 Oils reduces inflammation and swelling.
What Foods Contain Healthy Fats
- Algae Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Egg Yolks
- Brussels Sprouts
- Albacore Tuna
For the times we can't eat enough of these healthy fat foods it is important to take a supplement.
Highest Absorption Omega-3
iWi® Omega-3 Algae Based supplements are 100% vegan potency to maximize your own potential
and have the highest absorption Omega-3, greater than fish and krill oil.
– 100% Vegetarian/vegan, algae based, non-gmo source of Omega-3
– Highest bioavailability in the Omega3 market (higher than fish and Krill…)
– Full traceability and control of the product
– Born in the USA
– 100% Sustainable & Scalable
– Social Sustainability: Creating jobs in rural areas
iWi® also uses non-arable land, brackish water, and the sun as the main source of energy.
I love that about this company! It is important to eat a balanced diet for a healthy lifestyle, and it is also important to add the right supplements when needed.
I have seen proof in my cholesterol, skin and hair with the benefits of incorporating Omega-3 into a daily diet.
iWi® has been so kind to offer my readers 15% off their Omega-3 Supplements! Use coupon code 15IWILIFEO in which you can purchase iWi® Omega-3 Algae Based supplements on Amazon here.
Here are a few recipes that include healthy Omega-3 fats:
- Teriyaki Salmon With Spicy Chickpea Sweet Potato Puree
- Pomegranate Salad With Roasted Persimmons and Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad With Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash
- Avocado Crust Pesto Pizza
- 5-Minute Green Goddess Dressing
- Roasted Beet Kale Salad With Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Chia Seed Pudding