Chewy perfect chocolate chip paleo cookies made with almond butter and sweetened with coconut sugar. These paleo cookies are one of the easiest gluten-free cookies to make – complete in 15 minutes!
A few years ago I shared this cookie recipe during the Christmas season and have updated it to be even better, more simple, and chewier. These really are the easiest perfect paleo chocolate chip cookies!
When I remade them we shared with our neighbors and the kiddos quickly enjoyed eating them. Playdates are always better when cookies come out for snacks 😊 – especially when they are wholesome and made with less sugar and carbs. One of the bonuses of being a parent… creating childhood memories for the kids.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- they are paleo! If you are eating a grain-free diet then these paleo chocolate chip cookies are a must to add to any cookie tray, celebration, or holiday table!
- less than 10 wholesome ingredients – there are less than 10 ingredients used making these so simple to whip together in a jiffy!
- no chill time required – most cookies require 30 minutes of chill time to allow the flavors to settle. If the dough is soft from the baking environment then you can chill them but other than that it is not necessary.
- made without butter or coconut oil – if dairy is an issue or you don't like the flavor of coconut oil then these paleo chocolate chip cookies are just the right sweet treat to enjoy!
- low sugar – the cookie recipe uses only 1/4 cup of coconut sugar per dozen cookies. That is far less than 1 1/2 cups like most chocolate chip cookie recipes call for.
WHAT GOES INTO THIS RECIPE
Paleo chocolate chip cookies can be made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour and the addition of coconut oil. To simplify it, almond butter is used in place of all three!
Here is what you need: almond butter, coconut sugar, egg (can use egg substitute), vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and mini chocolate chips (dairy-free optional).
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
STEP 1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
STEP 2. The consistency of the cookie batter will look like this. Add the chocolate chip morsels.
STEP 3. Then fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be slightly runny and thicken as it mixes.
STEP 4. You can either chill the cookie dough or scoop it directly to a prepared pan using about a 1 1/2 inch tablespoon cookie scoop. Chilling is mainly if you are working in a warm environment and the dough needs to harden slightly. Keep the cookies about 2 inches apart as they will spread during baking.
STEP 5: Bake 8-10 minutes until slightly golden. When the paleo chocolate chip cookies come out of the oven they will fluff up and will sink down as they cool. They have a beautiful chewy and moist consistency.
FAQS AND EXPERT TIPS
These cookies are nice and soft and store best in a cool place. Store on the counter top if it is a cool place or in the refrigerator. Place wax paper in between the cookies so they do not stick together.
To cut the ingredient list down and provide no extra oils especially for those who do not prefer the taste of coconut oil. It also makes these cookies moist and chewy to use almond butter.
Yes, you can use peanut butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter as well in this paleo cookie recipe.
If you make these chewy perfect paleo chocolate chip cookies from DelightfulMomFood I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a medium size bowl add the almond butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix together to form a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips. Form the dough into 1 1/2 -inch round balls and place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let set about 1 minute then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.