The best spinach quiche recipe that is packed with healthy vegetables and flavor! Sweet tomatoes and goat cheese add just the right punch to this one dish meal. Serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
How does this easy spinach quiche recipe play out? Well first, sharp flavors of goat cheese hits your tongue after the warm buttery crust. Then you will experience sweet seasonal tomatoes smoothly nestled in fluffy eggs. Once the fluffy chewing phase takes place you taste tangy greens, basil and onion and then back to buttery tomatoes and goat cheese. A mouth watering experience!
This Vegetarian Spinach Quiche Recipe Is Fluffy and Packed With Vegetables and Protein!
We make vegetable quiche a lot of nights in our house. It is another one of our ‘go to’ meals since it is easy to throw together. In this recipe I used kale for the greens, but would prefer spinach if I had it so either one will do. It was a ‘throw whatever is in the fridge’ kind of a day. Turn it into a crust-less quiche by placing slivered potatoes on the bottom in place of the crust (making it gluten free!), add ham, onion, green peppers and zucchini slices. But this one is a little more savory on the taste buds with goat cheese, sweet seasonal tomatoes, greens, onion and basil.
Vegetarian Quiche With Fresh Tomatoes, Spinach, Basil and Goat Cheese
- 1 gluten-free pie crust
- 4 eggs 2 egg whites (6 total)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup spinach or kale leaves only and chopped (no stems)
- 2 Roma tomatoes finely chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F for pie crust. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Cover the bottom & top of the pie crust with aluminum foil and bake 8 minutes to allow the crust to cook. Remove foil and bake another 4 minutes. Remove from oven. The crust should be light brown on the edges when removing from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. During the cooking of the crust, whisk together the milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, flour and eggs in a bowl. Then add the tomatoes, spinach or kale, onion, basil, and goat cheese. Next, add the mixture to the cooked crust. Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil. Bake in the oven until the middle of the quiche is set, about 50-60 minutes. Let set 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.