Set the scene for a Teen Beach Birthday Party with a “Big Momma's” food bar, surfboards and beach balls!
A birthday celebration is a great way to gather everyone together, especially if it falls on a weekend! It is so exciting celebrating with friends and family another year of life- Happy 4th Birthday to my beautiful oldest! At this age he is really into the Teen Beach Movie and wanted that to be the theme this year. Since the weather has been good enough we were able to have the party outdoors. We transformed our outdoor bar table (that my talented husband made) as the focus point for Big Momma's place. Big Momma's is the hangout restaurant in Teen Beach Movie… only fitting to have a cardboard sign made with white adhesive lettering.
Party time! As guests arrived I wanted to create an image to set the tone of the beach and party. The entryway was decorated with a giant wave painting followed with a sign pointing to the “beach”. Long-necked towering cupcake stands and blue mason jars decorated with ribbon fit the ocean theme and add variety to the food table. I used silver cardstock paper to cut out shark fins for the cupcakes. A separate table from the food displayed party favors and yummy drinks!
Birthdays come only once a year and a great time to celebrate with a pinata. Although I will admit my beach ball pinata turned out to be a bit of a flop. Sorry friends for witnessing that one! I took a large punching balloon and Papier Mâchéd it. It turned out a little sturdier in structure than expected. When making a pinata, it works best to do about 4 layers of Papier Mâché and I think mine overlapped to be about 5 layers. Also when it came time to rig it up, my string was not sturdy enough around the ball. We should have drilled two holes through the ball and strung the string through the center, for a it to hang correctly. Lesson learned:-)
The finishing and most important touch is guests arrival! Thank you friends and family for making the birthday boy feel so loved and letting the Momma's have a wonderful time chatting together!
TO CREATE YOUR OWN TEEN BEACH PARTY HERE IS WHERE TO FIND THE SUPPLIES (and free printable painting picture):
1. TOYS: Blown up beach balls: Michael's Arts and Crafts or Inflatable Rainbow 16″ Beach Ball 12 Pack
2. ACCESSORIES: Napkins, Candles, Plates, Silverware, Straws, Tablecloth, Party Favors, Sunglasses, Sharks, Banner: Party Pail has everything you need in one place!
3. BIG MOMMA'S SIGN: Cardboard and paint or stick on adhesive letters from Michael's Arts and Crafts
4. SURFBOARDS: Borrowed from brother-in-law
5. PINATA: Homemade or from Amazon
6. WAVE SIGN: Download and print my picture here, blow up or shrink and frame it or replicate it on canvas with acrylic paints.
Hope you find inspiration here!