Thai peanut sauce tossed with ground turkey and cabbage and ready in 20 minutes!
Thai peanut sauce ground turkey bowls are a lovely mix of sweet and savory peanut butter maple flavors, crunchy cabbage & ground turkey in this easy Asian inspired one-pan meal!
There is comfort food. And there is HEALTHY comfort food. This my friends, is the healthiest comfort a Thai peanut bowl can come! It is warm and delicious made with nourishing gut-detoxing cabbage and muscle building lean protein!
Thai peanut sauce bowls are just delicious! This is one of my favorite Thai dinner recipes that I am so excited to share with you! It takes as little as 20 minutes to make, it’s lower carb, gluten-free and incredibly healthy!
There is something so yummy about the combination of warm peanut butter with ginger, garlic and soy sauce (or coconut aminos for gluten-free, a savory sauce made from coconut sap that is soy-free/gluten-free!). The blend is a delightful compliment to cabbage, carrot shreds and extra lean ground turkey!
Oh and this garlic... I hope you like garlic because this dish has lots of it!
Start with Thai Peanut Sauce
First make the sauce. This Thai peanut sauce is made with oriental sesame oil, maple syrup, coconut aminos (or use soy sauce), rice vinegar and creamy peanut butter. Whisk it all together and you have a delicious oriental dressing! Then, cook the ground turkey meat. I like to use extra lean ground turkey for a low fat meal. Add the vegetables and then finalize the dish by drizzling the peanut sauce on top last.
What can I serve with Thai Peanut Sauce Ground Turkey Bowls?
Want to make the dish go further? Serve this easy Thai peanut ground turkey bowl with a side of brown or white rice!
Or turn this ground turkey cabbage bowl into an appetizer. Scooping it with tortilla chips is just as good as eating it alone!
Maybe just keep it low carb and eat it in a bowl with just all the goodness of ground turkey meat, cabbage, and shredded cabbage soaked in a powerful Thai peanut sauce!
Peanut Butter Benefits
Thai peanut sauce is one of those things that if you do not have a peanut allergy, you should be making on repeat for all your Asian inspired dishes! Use it as a dressing, marinade, or dipping sauce for anything Pad Thai or over seafood and chicken! Peanut butter contains Oleic acid, which helps to regulate blood sugar levels and may help with type 2 Diabetes. It also contains essential minerals such as B vitamins, folate, magnesium, manganese and copper.
Peanut butter is great when sticking to a low carb diet meal plan as it is low in carbs and contains healthy fats – fats that should be consumed in moderation. At best, try to use only organic peanut butter made from Valencia peanuts because not all peanuts are created equal.
And finally, Peanut Butter is just PLAIN DELICIOUS!!! Oh, come on. Who else can’t tell me they haven’t scooped it with a spoon straight from the jar? At least multiple times?.
I honestly do it at least once a day a full scoop from the jar! Or in my peanut butter cookies that are always around.
Enjoy this delicious low carb Thai peanut sauce ground turkey & cabbage bowl recipe!
More low carb cabbage recipes you might enjoy:
- Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe In A Spicy Miso Broth
- Purple Cabbage Soup
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts (yep, they are like mini cabbages both belonging to the mustard family!)
- Savory Cabbage Salad With Tahini Dressing
Healthy Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes For After Dinner:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cups
- Healthy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Thai Peanut Sauce Ground Turkey Cabbage Bowls
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey meat
- 1 Tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- 10 ounces cabbage shredded
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 8 green onions chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter drain oil out first and mix well
- ½ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- purple cabbage shredded for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ginger powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), 3 Tablespoons sesame oil, rice vinegar and 2 teaspoons hot sauce (add more hot sauce to desired heat).
- In a large saute pan heat 1 Tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add ground turkey and cook, breaking up the large chunks into tiny pieces using a wooden spatula or spoon. Cook until the meat is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shredded carrots, cabbage, green onions and cilantro to the cooked turkey meat. Cook for about 5 minutes, mixing consistently until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour the Thai peanut sauce on top of the cooked meat and vegetables and mix to combine. Garnish with fresh cilantro and purple cabbage right before serving.
Leave a Reply