– 2 chicken breasts – barbecue sauce – spaghetti squash – olive oil – cheese (optional to use shredded dairy-free cheese) – red onions – orange or red bell peppers – fresh cilantro fresh, for garnish
– Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker with 1 cup of barbecue sauce on top. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks.
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds in the center with a spoon. Add a drizzle of olive oil and flip the halves upside down on a baking pan. Add a splash of water to the bottom of the pan. Bake for 45 or until it is soft when poked with a fork. When it is finished cooking, let it cool enough to handle. Scrape the sides with a fork to fluff the noodles.
– Add ¼ cup of cheese to each boat, then divide the shredded chicken to each boat. Sprinkle 1 cup of barbecue sauce on top followed by the cheese, onions, peppers.
– Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes to cook the onions and crisp the top slightly. Garnish with the remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce and cilantro.