Crunchy Cranberry & Butternut Squash Gluten-Free Stuffing
Crunchy water chestnuts make this gluten-free stuffing recipe the talk of the town! It is full of comforting fall flavors of cranberry and butternut squash and is easily sautéed and baked in a dutch oven for little clean-up!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 loaf gluten free bread (regular or vegan) cut into small cubes
- 2 cups white onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup butternut squash diced
- 1 bulb fennel stalk removed and bulb diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries chopped
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- thyme and sage leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a dutch oven, heat on medium-high heat the avocado oil, onion, fennel, celery and butternut squash. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the onions are slightly translucent.
Add the vegetable broth, poultry seasoning, cranberries and water chestnuts to the sauteed vegetables. Mix to combined. Turn the stove off then add the gluten-free bread cubes. Mix to combine until the bread is fully coated and moist.
Transfer the dutch oven to the oven and place it on a center rack. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Garnish with more avocado oil and fresh thyme and sage leaves.