Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
Hearty cabbage soup diet recipe slowly cooked in the slow cooker. Also known as the popular Dolly Parton Diet or T.W.A. Stewardess Diet. Whatever diet, this soup is satisfying and delicious! Packed with colorful vegetables, leafy green vegetables, broth and miso soup flavoring.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs 30 mins
Total Time6 hrs 40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 green cabbage chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano dry
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf dry
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free and vegan miso paste (or start with 1 tablespoon and add up to 3 tablespoons or to taste).
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, optional for garnish
Item Needed For This Recipe: Gluten-Free and Vegan Miso Paste
+++This recipe has been updated to accommodate gluten-free and vegan lifestyle. The video uses a packet of dry miso, so you can also use that in place of the paste for non Celiac and gluten-sensitivity. Most miso contains gluten, so make sure to find one without it if needed. It is also optional to leave the miso out all together and enjoy as a simple clean cabbage soup.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6360IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1.3mg