Skillet Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese
Dinner in less than 20 minutes! Creamy, gooey skillet mac and cheese turned up a notch with tasty goat cheese. Softer on the belly and bold comfort food all around!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 5 cups of dry Fusilli brown rice pasta
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk creamer or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of corn starch or arrowroot flour
- Parsley for garnish
Cook brown rice pasta according to package instructions. Drain and put it into a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, onion and garlic and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add broth, Italian seasoning mix, salt, pepper, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and corn starch. Mix for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Add the coconut milk and mix 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and mix until coated. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley and extra Parmesan.