Chia Seed Granola Bars with Cashews
Chia seed granola bars made with cashews and gluten free flour. Back to school is made easy with this protein, omega-3 and fiber packed healthy snack!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 - 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered Almonds
- 1 cup cashew nuts chopped into pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, chia seeds, cashew nuts, cinnamon, flour, almonds, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the maple syrup, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using a spoon or your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan with a spatula. Flatten the bottom and push down the sides of your mixture into the baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be to hard to cut. Let the bars finish cooling before removing from pan.