Tofu tacos are a remarkable vegan alternative to taco meat! This tofu taco filling uses extra firm tofu and Mexican taco seasoning in the recipe for delicious tofu taco meat!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 pkg. House Foods Tofu Extra Firm drained, pressed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (alternative option: crumbled tofu)
- 1 pkg. low sodium taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium black beans drained
- 1 15 ounce can corn drained
- 1/3 head lettuce shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salsa to serve
- 1 avocado
- cilantro chopped
- cheese dairy or vegan, shredded
Coat tofu in taco seasoning. Add oil to a pan set to medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until browned, set aside (if crumbling tofu, add to pan and sprinkle with taco seasoning).
Add black beans and corn to two separate pots set to medium heat. Heat until cooked through.
Warm tortillas in a separate pan. To assemble, add tofu, black beans, corn and lettuce. If using, top with avocado, cilantro and lime juice.