– 4 organic eggs, separated medium size and room temperature – organic heavy whipping cream (not half and half) – Kahlua – semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels or favorite choice – vanilla extract – German chocolate bar for shaved topping
– Separate the egg whites from the yolks and set aside until ready to use. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, whisk on high 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until a soft firm peak forms. Set aside.
– Melt chocolate morsels in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave for about 45 seconds until the morsels start to melt. Once they start to melt mix them until fully creamy and melted. Add the Kahlua to the melted chocolate.
– Quickly mix together then add the egg yolks and mix before the chocolate starts to harden. Pour the yolk chocolate mixture into the fluffy homemade whipped cream and fold over to combine.
– In another mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk on high the egg whites until a fluffy stiff peak forms. Add the whipped egg whites to the fluffy chocolate Kahlua mixture and fold together to combine.
– Make the whip cream topping next. With an electric mixer, whip the remaining 1 cup of cream for the topping with ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Transfer the whipped cream to a sealed zip bag and cut a thin slit in the base to top the chocolate mousse. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving to harden slightly. Garnish with shaved German chocolate before serving.