Happy “Week After Christmas”, friends!
Notice all the exclamation marks after BIG events and the “phrases in quotes” after EVERYTHING I want to accentuate here?
Love my marks. Anywhoo- don’t say I didn’t warn you- there will more always quotes to accentuate and exclamation marks to get you excited here throughout this blog:-)
Now that we have broken the ice with each other, and are almost ready to start a new year together…. how about polishing off this year with a delicious Chocolate Kahlua Mousse Recipe! (again, I snuck in some caps in the title there!)
Oh my goodness, have you had a good chocolate mousse recipe lately? If not, you are deeply in for a BIG treat!
Chocolate mousse happens to be my favorite all time dessert and was my ultimate pregnancy craving during my second pregnancy. The first pregnancy was all sausage, red meat and pepperoni – and I DO NOT EAT RED MEAT, so this was a BIG sign I WAS PREGNANT!
Round two I REALLY wanted CHOCOLATE MOUSSE! Now that I am not pregnant, I can totally enjoy this version made with a bold KICK of Kahlua flavors! If you’re not a boozy fan, omit this ingredient and totally enjoy this with a full burst of chocolate flavor!
This recipe I have to give all credit to my sister, Darlene, who suggested we make some when I was visiting her over our evacuation to cleaner air during the California Fires. Rich cream in chocolate mousse recipes can get a bad rap in the healthy department, but in my opinion, everything in moderation and made with natural ingredients will keep the human body strong and balance. This mousse also has protein in it from all the fluffy egg whites, so how bad can that be then?
How to make the best Chocolate Mousse recipe?
Chocolate mousse is quite easier than one would think and here is how you can perfect it too!
STEP 1: Whip heavy whipping cream until a soft firm peak forms. Set aside.
STEP 2: Melt chocolate morsels in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave for about 45 seconds until the morsels start to melt. Once they start to melt mix them until fully creamy and melted.
STEP 3: Add the Kahlua to the melted chocolate. Mix together then add the egg yolks. Pour the yolk, chocolate mixture into the fluffy homemade whipped cream and fold over to combine.
STEP 4: Whip egg whites until a fluffy stiff peak forms. Add the egg whites to the fluffy chocolate Kahlua mixture and fold together to combine.
STEP 5: Make the whipped cream topping. Whip another cup of cream for the topping with 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract for a dash of sweetness and flavor. Serve and top the Kahlua chocolate mouse with homemade whipped cream topping using a plastic baggie with a slit cut out of the bottom.
Now that you have how to make chocolate mousse down, add a few German chocolate shavings on the top before serving.
More delicious chocolate recipes you might enjoy:
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- German chocolate bar (for shaved topping)
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and set aside until ready to use. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, whisk on high 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until a soft firm peak forms. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate morsels in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave for about 45 seconds until the morsels start to melt. Once they start to melt mix them until fully creamy and melted.
- Add the Kahlua to the melted chocolate. Quickly mix together then add the egg yolks and mix before the chocolate starts to harden. Pour the yolk chocolate mixture into the fluffy homemade whipped cream and fold over to combine.
- In another mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk on high the egg whites until a fluffy stiff peak forms. Add the whipped egg whites to the fluffy chocolate Kahlua mixture and fold together to combine.
- Make the Whip Cream Topping: Whip the remaining 1 cup of cream for the topping with ¼ teaspoon of almond extract for a dash of sweetness and flavor. Serve and top the Kahlua chocolate mouse with homemade whipped cream topping using a plastic baggie with a slit cut out of the bottom. Garnish with shaved German chocolate.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 24 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 94 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 3 g||5 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|