This past Thursday we were invited to attend a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with friends. It is such a fun evening filled with good times, laughter and amazing food! Everyone brings their favorite and best side dish or dessert to share.
This year I made a pumpkin trifle, which has now become my new favorite go-to dessert. It is so simple to throw together! I made the cake and pumpkin cream cheese mixture the night before.
A few hours before our party I whipped up homemade organic whipped cream, layered the dessert and topped it off with chopped pecans.
This recipe uses 2 cake boxes of gluten-free gingerbread cake. You can find it at most stores or online here and check Amazon.
More gluten-free pumpkin recipes you may enjoy:
- Gluten-Free White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Pumpkin Butter
- No-Bake Raw Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Squash Muffins
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
Pin this gingerbread pumpkin trifle recipe!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- 2 boxes of Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake
- 16 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 16 ounces organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Pecans for topping
- Make a gingerbread cake. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- In an electric mixer, whip your heavy whipping cream on high for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the confectioner sugar.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the cake crumbled. In a trifle bowl, crumble 1/2 of the cake, 1/2 of the pumpkin filling (can do two layers or three layers of the trifle depending on the size of the bowl) and 1/2 of the whipped topping. Repeat with the rest of the cake and the rest of the pumpkin pie filling. Add a layer of the remaining whipped cream on the top. Sprinkle the reserved cake crumbs and pecans on top. Chill until ready to serve.
If you make these gluten-free sugar cookies from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!