This Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle will be on our Thanksgiving table every year, for sure!
This past Thursday we were invited to attend a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with friends. It is such a fun evening filled with good times, laughter and amazing food! Everyone brings their favorite and best side dish or dessert to share. This year I made a Trifle, which has now become my new favorite go-to dessert. It is so simple to throw together! I made the cake and pumpkin cream cheese mixture the night before. A few hours before our party I whipped up homemade organic whipped cream, layered the dessert and topped it off with chopped pecans.
- 2 boxes of Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 oz. organic heavy whipping cream
- Pecans for topping
- Make a gingerbread cake. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- In an electric mixer, whip your heavy whipping cream on high for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In a trifle bowl, crumble ⅓ of the cake, ½-1/3 of the pumpkin filling (can do two layers or three layers of the filling) and ⅓ of the whipped topping. Repeat two more times. Layer pecans on the top.
Pumpkin cream cheese mixture can be made the night before.