This past Thursday we were invited to attend a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with friends. It is such a fun evening filled with good times, laughter and amazing food! Everyone brings their favorite and best side dish or dessert to share.
This year I made a pumpkin trifle, which has now become my new favorite go-to dessert. It is so simple to throw together! I made the cake and pumpkin cream cheese mixture the night before.
A few hours before our party I whipped up homemade organic whipped cream, layered the dessert and topped it off with chopped pecans.
This recipe uses 2 cake boxes of gluten-free gingerbread cake. You can find it at most stores or online here and check Amazon.
More gluten-free pumpkin recipes you may enjoy:
- Gluten-Free White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Pumpkin Butter
- No-Bake Raw Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Squash Muffins
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
Pin this gingerbread pumpkin trifle recipe!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- 2 boxes of Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake
- 2 8 ounce packages whipped cream cheese, softened
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 oz. organic heavy whipping cream
- Pecans for topping
- Make a gingerbread cake. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- In an electric mixer, whip your heavy whipping cream on high for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the cake crumbled. In a trifle bowl, crumble 1/2 of the cake, 1/2 of the pumpkin filling (can do two layers or three layers of the trifle depending on the size of the bowl) and 1/2 of the whipped topping. Repeat with the rest of the cake and the rest of the pumpkin pie filling. Add a layer of the remaining whipped cream on the top. Sprinkle the reserved cake crumbs and pecans on top. Chill until ready to serve.