Easy broccoli grape salad tossed with shredded carrots, crunchy pecans and bathed in a creamy lite dressing. Perfect for potlucks and covered dish parties!
Dive into our world of scrumptious flavors with our winning broccoli grape salad. The perfect blend of crunchy, juicy, and sweet—this delectable dish is here to revolutionize your daily meals. Say goodbye to boring salads and hello to crave-worthy freshness that's guaranteed to excite your taste buds!
Why this broccoli and grape salad is so great!
- Easy summer salad recipe for an outdoor BBQ or celebration alongside healthy potato salad, tomato cucumber basil salad, and gluten-free baked beans.
- Comes with a mouthwatering creamy dressing to use as a staple item on any kind of salad and vegetable to add flavor. The salad dressing is especially good on earthy vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. We also love the dressing on this bowtie pasta salad too!
- Incredibly nourishing, gluten-free, and naturally dairy-free meal or side dish.
What ingredients go into this recipe
Broccoli's flavor pairs so well with sweet juicy grapes. And a broccoli grape salad can always use a bit more crunch, don't you think? That is where nuts come in to add spectacular crunch in addition to the greens. Nuts are always a good healthy plant-based protein to add to salads as they are packed with healthy fats and protein, not to mention vital vitamins and minerals.
Here is what you need for this salad:
- Salad - broccoli, red grapes, pecans, shredded carrots - you can use matchstick carrots or shred the carrots with a vegetable or cheese grater.
- Creamy coleslaw dressing - avocado oil mayo or lite mayonnaise, milk (can use dairy-free), honey, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
How to make broccoli salad
STEP 1: In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl add the broccoli, carrots, pecans, and grapes then pour the dressing over the broccoli grape salad and mix together until everything is coated with the dressing. Serve right away.
This salad can be made 1 day in advance, just add the pecans right before serving to prevent them from becoming soft.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and the salad will last about 3 days, although separation of the dressing may occur and the pecans turn soft. Broccoli and grape salads are best served right away chilled.
Related picnic and potluck recipes
- Broccoli Pasta Recipe
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Pecan Chicken Salad
- Vegan Tuna Salad
- Easy Baked Beans
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Cold Pasta Salad With Italian Dressing
- How To Freeze Grapes (serve as a snack or appetizer)
If you make this healthy and easy broccoli grape salad recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Broccoli Grape Salad With Crunchy Pecans
Creamy Coleslaw Salad Dressing
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- ½ cup pecans whole or pieces
- ¼ cup carrot shredded or matchstick carrots
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the broccoli, carrots, pecans, and grapes. Pour the dressing over the broccoli grape salad and mix together until everything is coated with the dressing. Serve right away.
- This salad can be made 1 day in advance, just add the pecans right before serving to prevent them from becoming soft.
This succulent and crunchy salad is another recipe that came from my mamma. She used to make us broccoli salad in the summer. It brings special memories of our family dinner parties and outdoor picnics. Summer nights where we could not wait to get up from the dinner table. Not because the food wasn't delicious, but because there were beautiful bugs to catch and store in jars. Our eyes would just light up in joy as my siblings and I would compete in "who can catch the most lightning bugs!"
Food is a powerful thing. It not only fuels the body, but it feeds the mind and soul with happy memories just from the smell, visual, taste and memories that it brings to life:-).
This post has been updated.