Broccoli pasta recipe quickly made in one pan tossed in Italian seasonings with juicy tomatoes!
Sauteed broccoli florets, grape tomatoes and pasta noodles in an olive oil dressing is a quick and easy dinner ready in less than 30 minutes! This savory dish is gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian but feel free to add cooked chicken or sausage slices if you are craving meat!
Pasta recipes just bring a warm cozy feeling all over. I think of comfort food and family gatherings growing up with my Italian grandmother and my mother cooking away in the kitchen together. Boiling noodles and the powerful aroma of garlic sautéing on the stove is what makes me think of these “good ole’ times” every time I make this broccoli pasta recipe.
What foods do that for you?
It has all the abundant flavors of Italian seasonings, fresh broccoli florets, juicy plump tomatoes and aromas or basil and garlic!
My favorite recipes to share are baked goods and easy family dinners and this is one of them! It is a simple dinner to make more “good ole’ times” memories… today! (Did I word that right??!!) ?
This broccoli pasta dish is incredibly healthy
Olive oil has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances. It also helps prevent strokes, cancers and is packed with healthy good fats that help reduce heart disease. Just make sure never to boil or heat olive oil all the way on high heat as it changes the compounds and the heat damages the fats and creates toxic smoke. Note to self: just keep the heat lower than the highest point.
Tomatoes and garlic are wonderful cancer preventing foods. They are both rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Garlic also helps the body to absorb collagen, a protein found in broccoli!
Let us chat about how awesome broccoli is for our bodies!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is packed with calcium and plant-based protein. Yep, you do not always have to eat meat to get the protein your body needs. Lots of leafy green vegetables contain it too. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, potassium and fiber. The beautiful dark green vegetable contains collagen, a protein that makes your teeth, bones and connective tissue strong, thus turning over skin cells to repair them quickly.
Umm… can we all say yay to beautiful glowing skin – especially the face!
What Kind of Gluten-Free Pasta Can Be Used?
Any favorite gluten-free pasta can be used. I like to use elbow macaroni noodles, but you can also use fusilli, penne, rotini or another favorite small noodles. There are also many types of gluten-free pastas available such as black bean pasta noodles which add more protein in this broccoli pasta recipe.
Now you know the secrets to how healthy this pasta dish is! It is so delicious, comforting and a great way to get the whole family eating a balance meal filled with energizing carbs and vegetables.
Hope you enjoy!
One Pan Broccoli Pasta
- 1 broccoli head stem removed and cut into chunks
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free elbow noodles uncooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil + 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Blend Seasoning
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a large saucepan or large pot boil the noodles in water according to the package directions. It should be about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve ¼ cup of the water then drain the rest. Set the noodles aside.
- In the saucepan used for the noodles add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and broccoli and heat on medium-high for about 5 minutes, stirring consistently. Add the tomatoes and cook until the broccoli becomes tender, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan, ¼ cup olive oil, onion powder, salt, Italian Blend Seasoning and a squeeze of lemon (to taste). Garnish with fresh basil cut into strips.
- Serve onto 4 plates with a salad or toast.
Pin This Healthy One-Pan Broccoli Pasta Recipe!