Naturally cleanse the body with this beautifying apple cider vinegar smoothie made with beets, spinach, and sweet red grapes. Perfect beauty drink for a beaming complexion and to support weight loss!
Why this recipe is so amazing
One of the best smoothies I have ever had is this apple cider vinegar smoothie! I know, apple cider vinegar in a smoothie sounds a little strange to some peeps- my husband was one of them. But it adds a beautiful pop of taste, and is bursting with incredible health benefits. We love to enjoy apple cider vinegar (ACV) drinks such as this apple cider vinegar drink, apple cider vinegar shots, cranberry juice detox water, and also sipping it in soups like cabbage soup. If you want, I even have a recipe on how to make apple cider to vinegar if you want to make a homemade batch of ACV! All you need is just one tablespoon a day to get some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar and this beauty drink is one of them!
While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there are certain foods and drinks that can help make that first impression you see in yourself and others more radiant. Clear skin, silky hair, whiter teeth, bright eyes (no yellow please- which is a sign of liver issues!), are all beauty traits that indicate health and wellness.
But beyond just what the eyes see, beauty starts from the inside out and through the foods we consume. After all, you are what you eat- literally!
Drinking this apple cider vinegar smoothie releases vital nutrients into the body that improves life, skin (the largest organ), and helps the detoxification process. Anyone else want to add more life to their years and years to their life❤?!
This ACV smoothie is also made with no banana! Bananas tend to get a bad rap since they are high in carbohydrates and sugar. The flip note is that they are full of minerals and potassium. I personally eat a banana almost every day but many people try to avoid them. I like to skip them in smoothies as much as possible so this vinegar smoothie does not contain banana. – Side note: also try my dragon fruit smoothie which is also made without banana.
What ingredients go into this recipe
- Spinach – natural source of plant protein and calcium.
- Frozen red grapes – a rich source of antioxidants.
- Raw red beet – are wonderful to jumpstart the body's natural detoxification process and push out toxins from the body and are great in drinks like this detox beet juice.
- Cashews or Almonds – adds healthy fats, use unsalted and raw.
- Parsley – is rich in nutrients including vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – is a natural tooth whitener and contains milk acids that remove stains from teeth. It also balances pH levels while replenishing mineral including potassium, calcium, iron, sodium and magnesium. It also helps to control hunger.
- Water or Coconut Water – helps to push fiber through the body to flush toxins away. Optional to add ice to thicken and make this smoothie more slushy.
There are incredible health benefits from drinking apple cider vinegar, beets, grapes, and parsley that directly result in areas of skin, face, weight loss and blood sugar.
CLEARER SKIN AND A RADIANT FACE: Grapes contain alpha hydroxyl acids that help dissolve the dead skin cells that clog oil glands, causing pimples. Fruits in general tend to help with clearer skin as they are nutritionally dense and hydrating.
WEIGHT LOSS: Fruit vinegar and acetic acid (the main ingredient of vinegar) affect lipid profile and weight loss, and have become very popular the past few years [source]. ACV helps the body break down protein, some of which help with the creation of growth hormone. That growth hormone is what breaks down fats and promotes weight loss.
HELPS CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR: Several studies clearly demonstrated that the consumption of apple vinegar and parsley can help control blood sugar levels in patient with glucose abnormalities [source][source].
How to make this recipe
Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until no visible chunks. If your smoothie needs to be thicker, add about ½ cup of ice and blend until smooth.
In addition to the ingredients in this apple cider vinegar smoothie, supplements can be added for extra nutrients and protein. Feel free to make the recipe as is or try adding:
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 scoop plain protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop of collagen
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
Do this in advance by washing and rinsing off grapes then drying them with a paper towel. Remove the grapes from the vine and set them on a small baking sheet or plate. Place in the freezer for 1 hour before using, or after an hour store them in a sealed freezer bag for any future use. This is also a great way to use grapes that would otherwise spoil.
This is not a one step cheat drink to getting rid of acne and losing weight, however by consistently adding this apple cider vinegar drink into your diet is a great place to start along with avoiding refined sugar, smoking, and processed foods.
More apple cider vinegar drinks and smoothies
If you make this apple cider vinegar smoothie (beauty drink) from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER and tag me to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Apple Cider Vinegar Smoothie (Beauty Drink)
- 1 cup spinach packed
- 1 cup red grapes frozen (see notes below for freezing grapes)
- ½ raw beet half of one raw beet with skin removed, ends cut off and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews or almonds
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- ½ cup ice optional to thicken
- Add the spinach, grapes, beet, cashew, parsley, apple cider vinegar, and water to a high speed blender and mix until no visible chunks. If your smoothie needs to be thicker, add about ½ cup of ice and blend until smooth. Serve right away.
- FREEZING GRAPES: Do this in advance by washing and rinsing off grapes then drying them with a paper towel. Remove the grapes from the vine and set them on a small baking sheet or plate. Place in the freezer for 1 hour before using, or after an hour store them in a sealed freezer bag for any future use. This is also a great way to use grapes that would otherwise spoil.
- Nutrition is calculated with water and substituting it with coconut water will change it.