This will be the best homemade apple cider you will ever have!
Right now I am writing this as I am making this homemade apple cider and MY HOUSE SMELLS AMAZING!!! It smells of warm pumpkin and apple pie spices marinating in the crock pot. I wish you were here to enjoy it right now with me! This really is the best homemade apple cider you'll ever try. I made this to welcome in the holidays and cooler weather (even though it is not quite cooler here in California). By itself it is a yummy little treat the kiddos will enjoy or add a bit of whiskey to turn it into a refreshing adult cocktail!
How to make this easy homemade apple cider recipe
First, add the apples, water, honey or maple syrup, spices and cinnamon to the slow cooker. After 2 hours of cooking squeeze out the juice of the apples using a cheese cloth. Then using a strainer, strain the liquid to remove extra apple chunks.
Best Homemade Apple Cider RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 10 apples quartered
- 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice or Ground Allspice
- Cut apples into quarters
- Place in a crock pot covered with 2 inches of water above the apples.
- Add Cinnamon, Honey and Pumpkin Pie Spice or Allspice. Leave on High for about 2 hours. Let cool for a bit before handling.
- Using a cheese cloth squeeze the apples to get the juice out.
- Strain the apple juice to get any remaining seeds and chunks out. Discard solids, Refrigerate until cold. Add Whiskey if desired & enjoy!
More delicious apple recipes: