Blender apple muffins that are packed with cinnamon, flax seeds, zucchini and fresh carrots! Two steps of blending and mixing, that’s it! Super easy!
It is starting to become a really fun challenge to see how many different kinds of muffins I can make that are insanely healthy! By healthy I mean no butter and loaded with every or any kind of fruit and vegetable that tastes good in a soft fluffy baked pastry form. So far we’ve got our spinach muffins, banana nut muffins, pumpkin zucchini muffins, oatmeal blueberry muffins and now apple muffins!
The flavor in these vegetable packed apple muffins comes from sweet carrots, warm vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger herbs! You can’t even taste any vegetables!
Imagine this. There once was this place in a far away land. Where the fragrant smell of warm fluffy muffins filled our homes each morning. You slowly rise out of a glorious deep sleep and emerge into a kitchen filled with dozens of cupcake like treats at the table. Your favorite morning beverage is sitting at the table to quench that morning thirst.
That land is not to far away. It’s called being a kid. I remember waking up as a kid to a kitchen filled with fabulous bakery goods, eggs and bacon or pancakes on the weekends. I didn’t have to lift a finger except to fork it all into my mouth.
Ah, the joy of being a child! And guess what? As an adult you can still enjoy those memories.
I love to make these amazing apple muffins in the evening to save time in the mornings. It is so easy with only two steps. If you have a blender or food processor you are already ahead of the game! Just blend, mix and pour into the muffin pan. Then in the morning reheat them in the oven or microwave and enjoy those glorious carefree childhood memories where the work is already done. Your house will smell so wonderfully fragrant like cinnamon and apple combined!
How funny is this picture I captured of my boys eating their muffins while playing! I thinks somebody’s mouth wants one!
I used a bit of this apple sauce recipe I made this week, but store bought will do just fine. Using apple sauce and fresh apples adds natural sweeteners so less sugar is needed. They could almost be called apple sauce muffins or carrot muffins too! After my taste testers (I mean boys) had one, they kept requesting for more “Apple Muffins”. So I think that is just what we will have to call them!
*If you are looking for a new muffin pan, you should seriously check out the Delightful Mom Food Muffin & Cupcake Pan! This puppy was was designed to make your life easy when baking. I use mine everyday and I don’t know how I got by without it!
- 1½ cups of gluten-free flour mix
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple, core removed and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1 carrot (about 1 cup chopped)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup apple sauce
- *Be advised to use exactly 1 cup of each: apple, carrots, zucchini otherwise it can make the muffins a bit too watery.
- Preheat the oven 350. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray a silicone muffin pan. In a medium bowl combine gluten-free flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger mix to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender mix flax seeds, eggs, apple, zucchini, carrots, maple syrup or honey, oil, apple sauce and vanilla. Pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well. Scoop batter into muffin pan filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before removing.