Delicately fluffy and oh so moist and delicious! Hands down the best Healthy Olive Oil Banana Nut Mini Muffins!
I recently stumbled upon making this recipe using olive oil for its health benefits and Sunflower Kernels. Some people do not like baking with olive oil for fear of the olive oil flavor in baked goods, but it blends well in these muffins. Since my husband and son are not big fans of chunky nuts and fruits in their muffins, the Sunflower Kernels were a hit! Small enough not to detect but added the perfect flavor, nutritional protein and just a bit of crunch to these muffins.
I prefer baking with White Spelt Flour (I am gluten sensitive so I can have wheat), gluten free flour mix works well in this recipe.
Healthy Olive Oil Banana Nut Mini Muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 bananas mashed large, mashed to about 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon milk regular, almond or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup walnut pieces or sunflower seeds for nut-free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add liners and lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whip egg with a fork. Add coconut sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk, and olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine gluten-free flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly fold in sunflower kernels.
- Using an ice cream spoon or ¼ measuring cup, scoop batter into prepared muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until firm. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.