After a long flight to Virginia last week it was welcoming to arrive at my moms house to a beautiful array of snacks and a warm meal. She served us fruits and vegetables with various dips of spinach artichoke, cheddar chive butter and Cannellini hummus.
I am a sucker for delicious fresh vegetables and when on the go my lunch is usually snacking on vegetables and dip. Tahini Hummus is packed with protein so this is a great substitute for meat if looking for a vegetarian protein food. I never realized how simple homemade tahini humus is to make until now. It really is just putting the ingredients in a food processor and you have a beautiful appetizer to serve quickly to guests, or a spread for sandwiches and crackers!
- 1 cup of cannellini beans white beans
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans chickpeas
- 2 medium size cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup of Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon pimentos optional
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon, make swirls in a circle in the dip. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with pimentos, pine nuts and a sprinkle of cumin.