Citrus Salsa + Kid-Friendly Citrus Snack. This post is sponsored by Sunkist.
I am one happy mamma whenever my kid eats lots of fruits and vegetables and tries new foods, aren't we all? Last weekend we were enjoying slices of Sunkist's succulent oranges and boy did my face have the widest smile watching big C eat every last bite all the way down to the rind. I asked him, “I am glad you love the fruit, what is it that you love so much about them?” His response (granted he's a 3 year old), “My belly just really likes them.” Well, whatever reason I am just glad he has been getting lots of Vitamin C!
Vitamin C is such a vital nutrient that keeps our immunity strong. Deficiency of Vitamin C can sometimes cause fatigue, bruising and bleeding. But eating 10 milligrams a day can help get your body back on track.
Using our Sunkist citrus fruit we made kid-friendly citrus bowls for snacks and breakfast. And also citrus salsa to pair over grilled cod we were having for dinner. The salsa was so delicious we were just eating it plain out of the dish!
Here is a video how to peel, section and cut citrus fruit to get the maximum use out of it.
Citrus Salsa + Kid-Friendly Citrus SnackPrint Pin Rate
- 1 orange peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size
- 1 Tbsp. grapefruit peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks frozen works
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 2-3 Tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- pinch of sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional additions:
- 1 Tbsp. red onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- In a medium-size bowl, combine oranges, grapefruit, pineapple chunks, mango, orange juice, diced red bell pepper, sugar and cilantro. Add any optional items such as red onion and jalapeno peppers. Mix well and refrigerate covered.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received free samples, payment, trade and/or products of Sunkist fruit in exchange for writing a review and sharing a recipe on the blog. All opinions stated are written in my own words and I only promote products I love.
And (drum-roll please)… the winner of GoMacro Macro Bars Giveaway is: lacybellecamille(at)gmail.com – Congratulations!