Remember those magical moments being a kid when everything astounded you? Being filled with wonder and amazement is what makes us capture the joy in the simplest things. And during every playtime with a child, there is that moment that you know something special is happening. It is pretty amazing, huh? It is the moment you are a kid again, having fun and exploring new things together!
I was sick last week and feeling a bit guilty for not spending quality time with my family. So Chase and I made a few crafts that were easy to create that I could enjoy watching him play with… from the sofa with my box of tissues and lemon water. Happy to say, I am feeling much better as I share this and he’s been still playing with his Silly Putty days later.
And do you remember being a kid and slamming your Silly Putty onto newspaper to capture the ink and make fun prints? Neither did I until we made this and started to do it! Just remember to store it in an airtight container and it will last for a while. And have fun, it is so much fun being a kid again!
How To Make Silly Putty
- 1 Bottle Elmers Glue + refill empty bottle with water
- 1 tsp Borax Household Cleaner
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- First, pour 1 bottle of Elmer's Glue into a bowl. Then fill the entire glue bottle with water to get the remaining glue out. Put the lid on, give it a good shake and then pour the water into your bowl.
- Next, add a few drops of food coloring into the glue. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of warm water with a heaping 1/2 tsp. of Borax. Mix well until Borax is dissolved. Then pour into your glue. Mix and it will become thick. Keep mixing until water is completely absorbed. Store in an airtight container.