Remember those magical moments being a kid when everything astounded you? Being filled with wonder and amazement is what makes us capture the joy in the simplest things. And during every playtime with a child, there is that moment that you know something special is happening. It is pretty amazing, huh? It is the moment you are a kid again, having fun and exploring new things together!
I was sick last week and feeling a bit guilty for not spending quality time with my family. So Chase and I made a few crafts that were easy to create that I could enjoy watching him play with… from the sofa with my box of tissues and lemon water. Happy to say, I am feeling much better as I share this and he's been still playing with his Silly Putty days later.
And do you remember being a kid and slamming your Silly Putty onto newspaper to capture the ink and make fun prints? Neither did I until we made this and started to do it! Just remember to store it in an airtight container and it will last for a while. And have fun, it is so much fun being a kid again!
- 1 Bottle Elmers Glue + refill empty bottle with water
- 1 teaspoon Borax Household Cleaner
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- First, pour 1 bottle of Elmer's Glue into a bowl. Then fill the entire glue bottle with water to get the remaining glue out. Put the lid on, give it a good shake and then pour the water into your bowl.
- Next, add a few drops of food coloring into the glue. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine ¼ cup of warm water with a heaping ½ teaspoon of Borax. Mix well until Borax is dissolved. Then pour into your glue. Mix and it will become thick. Keep mixing until water is completely absorbed. Store in an airtight container.