Light and healthy lemon blueberry yogurt muffins packed with Greek yogurt protein and whole food gluten-free ingredients! A delicious lemony muffin bursting with blueberry flavors!
There is something to be said about adding yogurt or sour cream to baked goods- Boy does it make them delicious! Ok, I just shared the secret ingredient far too soon but there you have it. Yogurt, Greek yogurt to be exact, does the trick to making these gluten-free blueberry muffins the fluffiest!
Not only are they sink-your-teeth into fluffy and delicious but this batch of blueberry muffins has about 35 grams of protein just from the Greek yogurt alone!
Nothing to me tasted better than adding a bit of lemon zest and juice to blueberry recipes. It just brings out a little extra pizzazz that will make your tastes buds want to eat more than just one muffin!
Our sweet neighbor always brings us the juiciest lemons and we just purchased a big batch of blueberries from the Farmer’s Market. It was time to turn our wholesome ingredients into something delicious! These blueberry yogurt muffins are also delicious without the blueberries.
Turn These Yogurt Muffins Into More Flavors
Meaning…. if you want you can totally add other fruit and turn them into:
Strawberry muffins: just add 1 cup of diced strawberries.
Apple muffins: just add 1 cup of diced apple pieces.
Cranberry muffins: just add 1 cup of chopped cranberries.
Almond muffins: just add 1/2 cup of chopped almond slivers.
Chocolate chip muffins: just add 1/2 cup chocolate chip morsels.
Or leave them plain!
PIN IT! BLUEBERRY LEMON YOGURT MUFFINS
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1¾ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup sugar (Xylitol, Erythirol or Monkfruit sugar)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with baking cups and spray them with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the gluten-free flour, almond meal, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix to combine then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are browned slightly and when the muffin is poked with a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.