There is something far too special about sinking your teeth into a warm fluffy pumpkin muffins recipe. Warm fall spices are so comforting! They usually start to fill pastry shops and bakeries in early September when the air is starting to cool down and the subtly breezes that pass by start to pick up speed. You can smell pumpkin pie spices everywhere… fall weather is here! These protein packed grain-free pumpkin muffins are truly something to talk about.
We recently had a new grocery store open up in town called Sprouts. I had yet to experience until today, this earth shaking awesome new store filled with whole natural foods, bulk foods and supplies found at traditional grocery stories… all in one building!
As I calmly strolled through the aisles with a screaming toddler strapped to my body I fell upon a glorious pop-up stand filled with everything pumpkin you can imagine! Pumpkin cheesecake creme filled cookies, canned pumpkin, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin breakfast bars, pumpkin oatmeal with cinnamon pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin pie!
My mouth started to tremble thinking about these. In guilt, because last week I made this delicious pumpkin muffin recipe with tapioca flour, almond meal and protein powder and have not yet shared it with you!
Fall happens to be my most favorite time of the year. My boys were born late summer (almost fall), my husband and I both have birthdays in the fall and my favorite thing is that everything feels calm around. Calm before the wild Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays hit! Do you feel it? Late September and October are like the start of a large storm brewing and we are in the midst of the calm of the storm before the big boom hits. Cooling fresh breezes pass by each day and warm aromas of spices fill the air!
Boy do I love fall and all the pumpkin comfort food that goes with it!
Fall is also an exciting time for Delightful Mom Food because we have big news to share! Are you ready…wait for it… wait a second longer, and…
We have officially launched the start of our Delightful Mom Food products line, which sell exclusively on Amazon!!! EEK! Fully eyes squinting right now in excitement to actually tell you that!!! We have been researching and spending endless hours each night working on developing the best bake-ware to simplify time in the kitchen! We just launched our Premium Silicone Muffin Pan, which I bake all my muffin recipes in this and they turn out truly divine EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! No burning, sticking or scrubbing needed! I'm so excited we can now offer it to everyone – it's such a great addition to any kitchen! Please check it out, you're going to love it!
If you want to turn these muffins into pumpkin bread just bake them for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.
This delicious pumpkin muffins recipe is sweetened with antioxidant rich maple syrup. A powerhouse grain free muffin packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamins A, B and C to name a few!
To make your pumpkin muffins, add the canned pumpkin to a large bowl and whisk with eggs, and vanilla until fluffy and well combined. When making baked goods with coconut oil instead of butter it is important to add the melted coconut oil last so that it does not harden against any chilled ingredients. Next blend together the spices, maple syrup and all the dry ingredients with the wet ones. Fold over to blend until there are no lumps. Right before baking sprinkle your pumpkin muffins with a few chocolate chips.
Watch the video tutorial!
These healthy pumpkin muffins are mind-blowing! So moist and delicious and perfect a perfectly satisfying change for the fall season.
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Muffins (Grain-Free + Video)
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 cup of almond meal flour
- 1/2 cup of vanilla or plain protein flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Himalayan preferred
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin not pumpkin-pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 5 oz. vanilla flavored non-fat Greek yogurt
- Mini chocolate chip morsels optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray and prepare a silicone muffin pan or line any muffin pan with baking cups and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the pumpkin, vanilla Greek yogurt, maple syrup and eggs. Blend well. In a large bowl add pumpkin spice, salt, baking soda, tapioca flour, almond meal flour and protein powder. Add wet mixture into dry mixture and blend well.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin pan. After the muffin cups are filled, with two hands, lift the pan and tap down on the counter top to smooth out the top. Optional to add chocolate chips on top at this point. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cook for 10 minutes before removing to continue cooling completely.