Bring your home to life with the earthy cozy smells of pumpkin and spices in this healthy gluten free pumpkin bread recipe. Serve this quick bread loaf plain, with butter, or drizzled with a sugary glaze topping.
Pumpkin is by far my most sought out ingredient as soon as September 1st hits the calendar! The holidays are almost here everyone enjoys foods that that focus on breaking bread together, and sharing a good cup of tea or wine in an intimate and personal manner (even on a zoom or facebook call). So, lets make this gluten free pumpkin bread, and enjoy with family, friends and the holiday!
WHY THIS PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE WORKS
- delicious and nourishing for any time of the day! – This gluten-free pumpkin quick bread recipe is great to serve for breakfast, snacks, or as a side dish with dinner.
- gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free pumpkin bread! – there is no gluten, milk products, or oil in this recipe.
- natural and healthy – this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe is made with natural ingredients and coconut sugar – nothing processed here!
WHAT GOES INTO THIS GLUTEN FREE RECIPE
9 Simple ingredients go into this healthy pumpkin recipe. Gluten-free flour blend, pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix), coconut sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt are what makes this bread come together easily.
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUICK BREAD RECIPE
STEP 1: Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
STEP 2: Whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
STEP 3. Whisk together the gluten-free pumpkin batter ingredients or use an electric mixer.
STEP 4. Spray a bread loaf pan with cooking spray, add the pumpkin bread batter and bake until golden brown and cooked through- about 50-55 minutes. You can also line the pan with parchment paper first. After the gluten-free pumpkin bread bakes, let it cool for 20 minutes then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cooling rack. It slices best after 1 day.
FAQs and EXPERT BAKING TIPS
If the bread sinks in after its cooled, it needed more time baking. Test first with a toothpick inserted in the center. If it sank, it may need an additional 5 minutes of baking time.
When baked goods burn, the heat on the oven is off and needs to be rechecked and turned down during baking. Decrease it by 25 degrees and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
No, you need to use pumpkin puree, which does not have additional spices in it.
Yes! Just add 1 ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chip morsels. My kids really love this pumpkin bread that way!
Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins – winning ways to turn this gluten-free pumpkin bread loaf into muffins! Perfect for a speedy breakfast or snack.
Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Quick Bread – another favorite healthy dairy-free and gluten-free quick bread recipe!
Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies – a lovely whole-grain way to start your mornings.
Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft and fluffy, gluten-free baked goods that are fantastic for pumpkin season and the holidays!
If you make this gluten-free pumpkin bread from DelightfulMomFood I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 5 inch bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the sugar, and pumpkin with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside. Or combine in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour flour mixture into the wet mixture, beating on low speed (or using a spatula and mix by hand) just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.