Gluten free chocolate banana bread - One of the richest gluten free chocolate banana bread recipes, especially for being on the healthy side! A favorite chocolate bread loaf easily made with cocoa powder, chocolate chips, ripe bananas, gluten-free flours, and refined sugar free sweeteners.
You know those bananas that are starting to brown, and the texture is too mushy to eat as a whole? They are perfect for using in banana bread and other baked goods! All it takes is a fork and bowl and the ability to mash and smash the fruit until it is smooth. That part is my kid’s favorite thing to do when we make this Chocolate Banana Bread, Gluten-Free Eggless Banana Bread and Gluten-Free Banana Nut Bread.
Super ripe bananas give banana bread an incredible amount of moisture and natural sweetness from fruit (check out how to ripen a banana). Meaning you do not need tons of extra sugar to sweeten quick breads when 3 bananas are in it! A bonus is, bananas are packed with potassium which helps regulate fluid balance in the body.
The recipe can also be transitioned into a dairy-free chocolate banana bread version. Just swap out regular chocolate chips for dairy-free chocolate chips.
How to make gluten free chocolate banana bread
- Start by mashing 3 very ripe bananas in a bowl. Using a fork press down to mash the banana then whip together with the fork until it becomes smooth.
- In the same bowl, add the wet ingredients and sugar ** except the coconut oil **. Add in the eggs, dairy-free milk or regular milk, vanilla and coconut sugar and whisk it together to combine. Set it aside while you mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In a larger bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add the gluten free flour mix, tapioca flour, unsweetened chocolate cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Combined the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and start to mix then add in the melted coconut oil. Make sure the coconut oil is not too hot, just melted or slightly warm to touch.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the chocolate banana bread cool before slicing and if serving the next day, heat it slightly before enjoying.
Chocolate banana bread is a favorite treat that we love to enjoy for breakfast, snacks or dessert. This one is made with wholesome gluten-free flours, chocolate cocoa powder, bananas and is bursting with melted chocolate morsels. It is a healthier version that any other, yet still encompasses incredibly moist and delicious flavors! I highly recommend reheating it right before eating for the best taste😊.
If you like this gluten free quick bread recipe you may also enjoy:
- Gluten-Free Eggless Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Banana Nut Bread
- Gluten-Free Orange Cranberry Nut Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Flax Bread
- Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Bread
- How To Ripen A Banana
- How To Freeze Bananas
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 banana ripe (it is best if the skin is nice and brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or favorite milk) unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour mix
- ¾ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with coconut oil or by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Using a fork press down to mash the bananas then start to stir them together with the fork until it becomes smooth.
- In the same bowl add the eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut sugar. Whisk together to combine and set aside.
- In a larger bowl add the gluten free flour, unsweetened chocolate cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Pour the the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and start to mix it together. Add in the melted coconut oil an mix until the batter is combined. Make sure the coconut oil is not too hot, just melted or slightly warm to touch.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the chocolate banana bread cool for 10 minutes then transfer it carefully to a cooling rack to finish cooling. If serving the next day, heat it slightly before enjoying.
Leave a Reply