An incredibly moist gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip bread loaf healthy enough for breakfast or dessert!
What makes it so healthy? Well it is made with gluten free flours such as brown rice, tapioca, and coconut flour and has no refined sugars. Coconut flour is incredible nutritious. It is packed with good fats and high in iron. The ironic thing is I have high iron and can not consume too much coconut flour. So if you are like me, or have Hemochromatosis don't worry, there is very little iron in this chocolate chip bread recipe. And if you use Nestles semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels there is no iron per serving.
If you don't care about using gluten free flour in this chocolate chip bread just swap out all the flours for 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
I even made this months ago and have yet to share with you. Shame on me for keeping this delicious easy bread loaf recipe all to myself. It is good enough to serve for breakfast, snacks or dessert! The pictures were taking when it was still warm and fresh out of the oven. Can you tell by the melted chocolate oozing everywhere?!
This week at my Mom's and Mentors group it was our groups turn to bring brunch. This chocolate chip bread got much praise at the gathering (so glad you enjoyed ladies!). I can't even begin to tell you the amazing mama cooks that fill the room every other week- it is astounding! Not only can they cook well but each of those women are inspiring. They are strong. They are amazing. And they are life changing. Inspired that each of us are fighting and enjoying the same high's and low's in life. To care for our families, make our mark in this world and be a chaos organizer is quite a task.
What I learned at my Moms and Mentors group this past year narrows down to 11 topics that I hope intrigue you as it has me. A lot of this is common but it is always good to be reminded:-)
- The effects of Gratitude are unstoppable.
- God's sustaining power.
- Self-care is important and vital to help moms combat anxiety and poor sleep.
- Live your royal destiny.
- Importance of maintaining mental health and wellness.
- Importance of communication and conflict resolution.
- Get organized! Evernote and having a Daily Agenda Book.
- Prayer and Faith is important.
- Anxiety and parenting, its a thing. You are not alone.
- Read with kids at bedtime to ask question and build stronger relationships.
- Entitlement challenges with children- Get the book Mindset!
It has been an incredible year building stronger relationships with such inspirational women. Women that go through the same daily routine. As a parent it feels that everyone is staring at you when your kids give their crazy outbursts. After our group I headed to Costco. Both my boys screaming at me. We have all been there (please tell me … right!). Trying to control that anger and patience so lovingly building up inside. Then someone you know walks by and you think in your head… did they just see that? Are they judging? Are my kids out of control?
Well yes they are out of control sometimes. Haha, it is life! They are kids and guess what? Parenting is all about figuring it out as you go. And figuring it out in the way that works for your individual family. Figuring it out while trying to pursue our own careers, passions and happiness while working to provide for those little gremlins. It is a juggling act that can be accomplished! And accomplished with the most amazing healthy chocolate chip bread that is gluten free and dairy free! Say Whaaaaaaat?!!!!
Any nursing moms out there that are off dairy will LOVE this chocolate chip recipe! It is a gluten free and dairy free bread recipe that will blow your mind! One would never suspect there is no milk product here. Just eggs, coconut oil, cashew or almond milk, the best gluten free flour mix, coconut flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, a dash of cinnamon and a whole lot of dairy free chocolate chips! One of the best chocolate chip recipes! Aside from these chocolate chip cookies.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Bread (Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup minus 1 Tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 plus 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of original almond milk or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or 2 mini loaf pans. Set pans aside. In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-56 minutes for 1 large loaf, or 25-30 minutes for 2 small loaves. Use a toothpick inserted near the center to check if done - when comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store overnight for best slicing.
More Healthy Bread Loaf Recipes To Enjoy: