Dairy-free chocolate ganache recipe that can be used as frosting or drizzled over desserts. Making lactose free ganache is simple, fudgy and so yummy!
There is one thing that makes chocolate desserts divine and gives them a fudgy essence and that is chocolate ganache!
I have a weakness for fudgy desserts with a whipped consistency like this fudgy avocado pudding and healthy dairy-free fudge. You know what I am talking about- the kind where you sink your teeth in, and it leaves gorgeous scrapes of teeth marks where the bite was taken. Ganache, when chilled after drizzling over cake for sure puts those marks into treats! It is so rich and creamy and satisfying. Yep, that is chocolate ganache for ya😉.
What is Ganache
Ganache is a glaze, icing or sauce made of chocolate and cream that is used to fill pastries, top on cakes and is used in place of icing.
The consistency of dairy free chocolate ganache is the same as one made with dairy, and despite using coconut cream there is no “coconut” taste.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Ganache: Ingredients
How to make chocolate ganache without dairy
First add the chocolate chunks or dark chocolate morsels to a heat-safe bowl. Then heat the entire can of coconut cream (both the liquid and solid) on high and bring it to almost a boil. Some of it will be left over and can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. As soon as the coconut cream is heated to almost a boil, pour 1 cup of it over the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is melted, then add in the vanilla.
How to use chocolate ganache as frosting
Add the prepared chocolate ganache to a piping bag with a decorative tip. Place it in a sealed baggie so the tip does not dry out. Set in the refrigerator to chill and harden for a few hours or 1 week.
When ready, pipe the icing over your favorite baked goods such as cupcakes, brownies and cookies.
How to make whipped chocolate ganache
Using a hand-held mixer or electric mixer, turn it to high speed and whisk the chocolate ganache for 2 minutes until fluffy.
Ways to use this dairy free chocolate ganache recipe
This recipe is so yummy you may just want to eat it by the spoonful! But for other fabulous uses, so here we go:
- Use it as a thick and fudge-like dairy free chocolate ganache frosting.
- Top a cake with it then use it under the fondant.
- Fill cupcakes with it. Scoop out a bit of the center, pipe it with the frosting or sauce and then top the cupcakes with frosting.
- Use it for dipping fresh fruit.
- Fill chocolate lava cake with it.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the entire can of coconut cream on the stove (so it mixes solid and liquids) until it is just about to boil. Pour 1 cup over the chips and whisk together until melted. Whisk in the vanilla until very smooth and creamy. Reserve the remaining coconut cream for another time or to add to creamy soups.
- Optional to whisk with an electric mixer on high for 2 minutes to give it a whipped consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.