This delicate treat yields an especially sweet and salty flavor one can not resist. Its three ingredients make it simple to throw together and can be made gluten free.
We just returned from a lovely holiday vacation to Virginia, visiting family and friends. We like to visit in-between Thanksgiving and Christmas so that we can celebrate both holidays and still have my son wake up in his own bed on Christmas morning. While we were there, one of the gifts my mom received from a friend was pretzels topped with white chocolate and M&M’s. Who can’t resist sweet chocolate on salty pretzels? A few times I found my son climbed onto the table opening the box to sneak a few treats. So … when we got home I decided to create a Gluten Free version using Rolo Minis and nuts for added protein.
Crunchy salty pretzels are followed by sweet caramel melting in your mouth with hits of chocolate delight that is completed with the crunch of salty toasted nuts. I promise if you make these you will not be disappointed! And these would make great hostess gifts for the new year wrapped in a pretty box or can!
You can also find us over at Super Saturday Link party at Made From Pinterest.
- 1- 8 oz. bag of Rolo Minis
- 1- 8 oz. bag of Pretzel Minis
- 1 cup Walnuts or Pecan, toasted
- Silver Sugar sprinkles (optional) - Betty Crocker Cupcake Gems
- Preheat oven 315 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Toast nuts in a medium skillet on low for about 3 minutes or until the become fragrant, flipping frequently.
- Place pretzels face down on lined cookie sheet then top each pretzel with 1 Rolo Mini.
- Place in oven and bake for 3-4 minutes or until chocolates are starting to melt.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with Silver Sugar if using. Top each Rolo with 1 Walnut or Pecan.