You can turn out several batches of these Christmas crinkle cookies in a hurry, so if you need a last-minute cookie to bring to your cookie exchange, this dessert recipe is a snap to pull together.
It’s time to roll in as many delicious “healthier” cookies as possible for the Christmas season!
I am going to need to warn you ahead of time- there are going to be ALOT of delicous gluten-free cookie recipes coming up on the blog! This upcoming week is all about healthy gluten-free holiday cookies, treats and sweets to help you stay on track during the holiday season!
The boys and I have literally been in the kitchen this weekend cooking and baking and testing various cookie recipes to make for the holidays. It did take about 3 tries on a few of them. Good thing the extra batches of trials are still edible enough (but not blog worthy) and healthy enough for us to snack on!
That being said, today my lunch consited of three different types of cookies starting with sugar cookies and these Christmas crinkle cookies. No complaining here- though I saved my carb intake just for that! And the leftover cookies (if they make it that far) are heading to the freezer until Christmas Eve in prep for family dinner night!
This exciting Christmas crinkle cookie recipe is one of our favorites and I am thrilled to share the recipe with you because it is brought to you by Addie Gundry and her new cookbook, Easy Cookie Recipes! Congrats!
Let me start by saying I want to make ALL the cookies in her cookbook! They look so delicious and these Christmas crinkles ended up being a huge hit at my holiday dinner this past week. So desireable, moist, chewy and soft without any butter!
The recipes in the cookbook are not gluten-free but lots of them are easy to swap out all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour mix.
Addie’s cookie recipes are simple to make, like these Christmas crinkles, using a few simple ingredients such as white cake mix and cool whip! That’s it- just basically cake mix and a cool whip topping and you’ve got a delicious soft, chewy gluten-free cookie for your holiday table!
I used a gluten-free cake mix found at Albertson’s grocery store and Truwhip whipped topping as it contains no hydroginated oils. The mix will be a bit sticky as you pick it up to add it to the confectioners sugar for coating but after it is coated it is easy to handle. I also used a little bit of natural food coloring for the pinkish color but you can also use beet juice to color your cookies.
Next time I might mix it up with a box of gluten-free chocolate cake make as second batch as chocolate crinkle cookies:-)
We all agree these Christmas crinkles are a highly suggested MUST MAKE! They are so easy with little effort and time and the flavor will make your tastebuds yearn for more than one! Don’t forget to check out Addie here and show her some love, especially if you make her recipe!
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla white cake mix (gluten-free)
- 1 large egg 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg, whipped topping, and vanilla.
- Divide the dough in half and place one half in a second bowl. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green food coloring to the other. Add more food coloring to each as necessary until you reach the desired color.
- Put the confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place into the bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll around until covered. Place the balls on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving
Copyright © 2017 by Addie Gundry in Easy Cookie Recipes and reprinted by permission of St. Martin’s Griffin.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2 g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 120 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 16 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|