Make all your sweet dreams come true with this mouth-watering and guilt-free healthy chocolate cake recipe! This blender bundt cake contains fiber and all the goodness of chocolate, banana, spinach in a moist, flavorful cake plus its enriched with antioxidants!
This bundt cake is one of the best healthy chocolate cake recipes because it will satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing nutrition. Perfect for afternoon tea time, or anytime when you fancy something sweet and healthy. Enjoy the indulgent flavor of this healthy bundt cake without any of the guilt!
What's to love about this healthy chocolate cake recipe
- This dessert is super nourishing made with vegetables and fruit! The nutritious ingredients help give you the energy you need to make it through the day. The dark chocolate and spinach work together to provide antioxidants and other important vitamins and minerals.
- This healthy cake recipe is made in a blender then baked in about 40 minutes with 10 minutes to cool. And would also be perfect served with a scoop of ice cream on the side!
- Made without refined sugars! I use maple syrup and banana to sweeten this chocolate cake. The white on top is tapioca flour in place of powdered sugar.
- gluten-free flour blend
- almond meal
- gluten-free oat flour - you can also grind oats to make your own oat flour.
- unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder - Dutch processed is more rich and flavorful than regular cocoa powder.
- baking powder, baking soda, salt
- favorite milk like - plain coconut milk or almond milk
- vanilla extract
- medium ripe bananas
- maple syrup
- mini semi sweet chocolate chips - we use dairy-free
- optional toppings such as fresh fruit, tapioca flour, chocolate ganache, glaze, or cream cheese buttercream frosting recipe.
Full quantities are in the recipe card below.
How to make this chocolate cake recipe
This healthy chocolate cake recipe is great for a diet! As always be sure to see the full recipe card for the details.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and grease and flour with unsweetened cocoa powder a 10 inch fluted tube pan, or bundt pan. Set aside.
Step 2: Add all the wet ingredients and spinach and banana to a blender and mix until smooth.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Combine well then fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Transfer the cake batter to the prepared fluted tube pan. Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This Healthy Chocolate Bundt Cake is bursting with moist chocolaty flavor and is absolutely perfect shared with a friend!
Cakes that are made without refined white sugars and white flour are the healthiest cakes. Alternative and wholesome sugars that are healthier are coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave, monk fruit, and Xylitol. In addition, cakes with fiber, fruits, and vegetables in them add a bonus of nutrition!
Bundt pans have fluted edges which add elegant design to finish cake. It also makes it easy to slice piece. Bundt cakes can be a healthier option too since they do not need a lot of icing on top, because you want the pretty edges to show through. They usually just have a glaze, fresh fruit, or powdered sugar on top.
Yes! You can bake this healthy chocolate cake recipe in a regular pan. Bake it in two 8-inch round cake pans at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Just check on it during baking time and it is done when the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
More wholesome gluten-free cakes you may enjoy
- Gluten-Free Orange Cake
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Cake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Cashew Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake
I hope you enjoy this healthy chocolate cake recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below.
Healthy Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup oat flour gluten-free
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg or vegan: 1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked in 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water for 2 hours
- 1 cup plain coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup chopped spinach packed
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional garnish: fruit and tapioca flour
- Preheat oven 350 F. Grease and flour with unsweetened cocoa powder a 10 inch fluted tube pan. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, mix egg (or chia seed egg substitute), coconut milk, vanilla, bananas, spinach and maple syrup until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix gluten-free flour, almond meal, oat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Combine well then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the greased and floured fluted tube pan. Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with tapioca flour and serve with fresh fruit.