This Healthy Chocolate Bundt Cake is crazy delicious! It is luscious, fresh, flavorful, savory, perfectly sweet and incredibly moist. And one would never suspect it is gluten free with spinach and bananas in it!
Are you over sweets yet? I hope not!
“Healthy Bundt Cake, meet my friends! Friends, allow me to introduce you to Healthy Bundt Cake recipe!”
This is the perfect dessert to have on hand for an after school snack. It would also be great for entertaining or taking along to parties! Or if you are like our family, we sometimes eat my “desserts” and bars for a sweet breakfast morning served with a cup of coffee or tea.
This cake is made in about 40 minutes with 10 minutes to cool. And would also be perfect served with a scoop of ice cream on the side!
It gets its sweetness from both maple syrup and bananas and a few chocolate chips in the mix. This Healthy Chocolate Bundt Cake is bursting with moist chocolaty flavor and is absolutely perfect shared with a friend!
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup oat flour (gluten free)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (or vegan: 1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked in 2 tablespoons of water for 2 hours)
- 1 cup plain coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional garnish: fruit and confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven 350 F. Grease and flour with unsweetened cocoa powder a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, mix egg (or soaked chia seeds for vegan), coconut milk, vanilla, bananas, spinach and maple syrup until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix gluten free flour, almond meal, oat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Combine well then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the greased and floured fluted tube pan. Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve with fresh fruit.