This creamy concoction uses ripe bananas and unsweetened coconut milk. Drizzle with chocolate for an extra sweet treat! I always was afraid of trying to make my own ice cream, thinking it was hard or I had to have an actual ice cream maker. But really all you need is a food processor (or I used my Nutri-Bullet) and a container to freeze your treat in!
After visiting my doctor recently, I informed her that my pregnancy indigestion has subsided due to the large amounts of soft serve yogurt I have been having each night FOR or AFTER dinner. Sadly I was not eating this healthy kind with only 4 ingredients and using real cream and natural ingredients, but I was consuming the fully processed kind that comes out of a machine and directly into my mouth....YoYumYum, WowCow, Costco... ahem.
I love how healthy this is and do not feel guilty about my nightly ice cream affairs. Next I am going to try Chocolate and Strawberry versions.
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Xylitol
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Slice bananas into 1 inch chunks. Place banana chunks on a baking pan and place in freezer overnight.
- Place bananas, coconut milk, sugar, dash of salt and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop into a freezer tight dish to freeze and store. Place in freezer for 2 hours before serving.
More Healthy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Easy Homemade Cauliflower Ice Cream Recipe
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream Made With Fresh Blueberries
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (made with Greek yogurt)
- Healthy Cranberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
Leave a Reply