This easy 5-minute vegan cashew cheese recipe is perfect for those looking to add a delicious and flavorful cheese to their favorite dishes without compromising their plant-based lifestyle!
Made with unsalted raw cashew nuts and a variety of seasoning, this vegan cashew cheese has all the flavor of a traditional cheese without the lactose or dairy. It can be used as a dip, spread, sauce, or even melted over a vegan pizza! The recipe is easy to follow and is sure to be the perfect addition to your favorite vegan dishes.
What is so awesome about this cashew cheese
- Vegan cashew cheese is plant-based and perfect for anyone with a dairy-free and gluten-free lifestyle. It is 100% lactose-free with only vegan ingredients!
- Healthy and packed with 7 grams of protein per serving.
- Cashew cheese is so simple and takes only 5 minutes to throw together plus time for soaking raw cashew nuts.
- raw unsalted cashews
- nutritional yeast
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Smoked paprika seasoning
- filtered water
How to make cashew cheese
Full recipe instructions and details in the recipe card below.
Soak the cashews in water.
Drain the water and add the cashews and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Hint: if this vegan cashew cheese is thick and not blending smooth yet, add a splash more water until you get a creamy consistency. It varies, depending on how much water gets drained from the cashews after soaking them.
If you don't have a few items around, here is how to substitute them.
- Lemon juice - instead of lemon juice you can also use lime juice
- Paprika - this gives it a slight sweetness but you can swap it out for cayenne pepper or harissa spice for a spicy version.
Storing vegan nut cheese
Store your homemade cashew cheese in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Related vegan recipes
- Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Cashew Ricotta
- Vegan banana ice cream
- Vegan rice crispy treats
- Vegan butternut squash pasta sauce
I hope you enjoy this vegan cashew cheese recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below.
Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Soak cashews in 2 cups of filtered water for 3 hours on the counter or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the liquid from the cashews. Blend the cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, cumin, and paprika food processor. Blend until very smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Should be fairly thick to serve as a dip. To serve as a dressing or queso, add more water so it will drizzle.