Easy smoky gluten free bbq sauce recipe to serve as a marinade, dressing or dip! Ingredients for making the best BBQ sauce from scratch for vegetables, ribs, grilling, slow cooking or roasting meats!
Finger-lickin’ good is where this homemade barbecue sauce is at!
Seriously- just smother this glorious homemade gluten free bbq sauce all over some baby-back-ribs, slap them on the grill and y’all will be in heaven!
Five easy minutes to whisk together the BBQ ingredients on the stove, boil for seconds and then simmer for 5 minutes!
Can a sauce get any easier than that?
When I started typing the word “barbecue” I spelled it “barbeque” on Instagram. Wait a minute… what is the difference – I have seen it both ways!?!
Barbecue, barbeque, (BBQ or barby for an informal shortened version) is both valid. It is just normally spelled Barbecue, which all are a cooking method over a (machine or) grill or indirect heat and the food is flavored by a higher heat smoking process.
Lots of times the meat – such as steak, chicken, pork or ribs – are marinated in a barbecue sauce recipe first. The smoked flavor happens during the grilling.
The icing on the cake is that here, you can have the flavor without the grill! The addition of Smoke Liquid is where it is at!
What Recipes Can I Use This Homemade Gluten Free BBQ Sauce?
Not only is BBQ sauce good on grilled meats it is also delicious on these other recipes:
- Slow Cooker Jackfruit Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Cauliflower Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
I have focused this recipe on creating it to be gluten-free by eliminating Worcestershire sauce. Traditional barbecue sauce is delicious but usually made with soy and wheat products from Worcestershire sauce. The deal with Worcestershire sauce is that it has soy and wheat. But using tamari soy sauce (this is just made with soy, no wheat) or even coconut amino’s (Trader Joe’s has this too) provides a natural ingredient without gluten!
Where am I going with this? Homemade sauce can happen and this is great for any gluten-free diet! It is just as easy to make at home instead of hunting down a store bought version. I don’t know about you but I get frustrated when I have chicken or something and no sauce or marinade to whip together a delicious dinner!
Now you have it! Plan the week, make this BBQ sauce ahead of time and have it ready to cook your meat (even tofu would work sauteed!) on the whim… you’ve got this and are now ahead of the game!
This BBQ sauce is naturally made using organic ketchup which has no added preservatives, but proves a delicious sweetness!
The ingredients combined are rich, flavorful, delicious and add so much essence to meats and even topped on a BBQ ranch chicken salad recipe!
Smoky Gluten Free BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups organic ketchup (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon natural liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Add all the ingredients in a pot on the stove and heat on high until it starts to boil. When it boils, turn the heat to low, whisk the ingredients together and simmer for 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Turn the heat off and let it cool for 10 minutes or completely before storing it. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or jar.
Pin this Easy Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce Recipe!
If you make this recipe please tag me #delightfulmomfood @delightfulmomfood! I’d love to share!